PDA

View Full Version : WTB Stock Evo X Turbo

Trogdor
02-19-2012, 08:58 AM
Hey guys, I'm looking to replace my RA's turbo with the Evo X's. I found a complete list of what I need, and can get most of the little things from work at a discount. But I want to see what buying the turbo itself private sale would cost vs. a new one with my discount.

Thanks.

scheides
02-19-2012, 03:55 PM
Buy one used, they're like $400-ish and you should be able to get a manifold and o2 housing with it for not much more.

Otherwise if you can get your hands on all of the components besides the turbocharger, order up an EF2 from MAP, BBX Lite from CBRD, or Green from FP.

Actually, you may want to just price out an EF2, short-runner tubular manifold, and o2-elim downpipe from MAP...then all you'd need is some lines, copper washers and maybe a few banjo bolts...skip the OEM stuff alltogether :)

v8klla
02-19-2012, 04:46 PM
I've got some stock turbos as well :)

Kracka
02-20-2012, 09:29 AM
Green from FP.
FP is done making journal bearing Greens, and they're only making 5 ball bearing units for the X at $2500 a pop (that doesn't even including porting, a HP WGA, coating, etc. so really you're looking at nearly $3k for a turbo that's no better than the alternatives at half the price).