PDA

View Full Version : Diesel Performance Shops

TheBlizzard
02-13-2012, 12:11 PM
Does anybody know of any shops in the Twin Cities area that do any performance upgrades for diesel trucks. Im looking to do some serious mods to a 07 Ford Outlaw 6.0 turbo diesel truck. The truck already has a full 4 inch exhaust and a full ram air intake setup, so I am looking to do an intercooler, a Banks programmer, and propane injection.

Thanks for any tips you might have.

goodhart
02-13-2012, 01:16 PM
Not really sure of any besides Jag's Pro truck shop om Zimmerman. Could also check out my brother's work, East Central Diesel in Grandy, MN. They can/will do most anything except dyno tuning.

I know Jag's does tuning and last time I talked to him about a year ago, he was talking about getting a dyno. Not sure if that has happened or not. Otherwise I know Ron @ RS has tuned his own truck and also Pete's on EFI Live I think? (both are Duramax's)

Any plans for moar fuel in this thing? I'm guessing it does a fair amount of towing if you are upgrading the intercooler?

TheBlizzard
02-14-2012, 04:25 AM
Well I am leaning towards getting the Banks Big Hoss bundle which includes everything, the only thing I won't need is the exhaust and intake. The truck doesn't do a ton of towing but the intercooler is just for added assurance. I don't think extra fuel will be needed with what we want to do. I am just looking for about 150hp & 240trq added.

Thanks for the tips though, I will probably call Jags and talk to them about it tomorrow.

goodhart
02-14-2012, 11:01 AM
I don't know a whole lot about the Fords, but I would think the programmer and exhaust would get you pretty damn close to the power you're looking for. All depends on which programmer you choose. I think the SCT has a +120 setting

My brother could probably hook you up with a pretty good deal on a programer if you wanted too.

TheBlizzard
02-15-2012, 03:19 AM
Jags quoted me $420 installed for the SCT programmer installed, they recommended that we do an EGR delete kit that was $1650 though which sucks but we still might do it just for insurance.

I was kind of glad I called them because they said to stay away from the program on the fly programmers like Banks and Bully Dog, they said on the Ford 6.0L they will just eat up injector modules like crazy.

The truck will probably go in next week, I just don't know if I wanna do the EGR delete or not?

C3L1CA
02-15-2012, 08:19 AM
I know Danny @ DB has sold/installed a ton of the SCT programmers as well if they are closer to you.

goodhart
02-15-2012, 10:43 AM
Should call my brothers work also, they can do all the work you mentioned. East Central Diesel. Or else I could ask my brother if he wants a side job, he could probably do it for half that. LOL

PM me if you want his #

TheBlizzard
03-11-2012, 10:01 PM
goodhart, thanks for the Jags reference. I brought the truck up there on Thursday to get the SCT program/programmer installed as well as the EGR delete kit. I would guess that it added about 100whp and 200wtrq, plus the tranny updates they did to it were great too. Shifts are nice and firm and it hawls ass for a truck. With the full 4" exhaust, Volant Intake, & the tune/programmer I would guess it to be around 470hp/775trq.

The shop is pretty small but you can tell they know exactly what they are doing, they were all pretty cool dudes too.

goodhart
03-12-2012, 12:16 PM
Nice! Ya Josh seemed like a pretty good shit the one time I met him.