PDA

View Full Version : installing engine

Pages : [1] 2

jd1828
10-14-2003, 11:36 PM
well if everything goes as planned i should have a freshly rebuilt engine in about 3 weeks. i got everything new except the block,crank and rods. 2g pistons on 1g big rods, ported head, maybe a set of web cams and lots of other small stuff. i had a hell of a time pulling it out by myself. i might change the clutch with a act 2100 or maybe a 2600. ive never done a clutch before and from expericnce ive learned that i screw up everthing the first time. If anyone wants to stop by and help that would be great.(im in woodbury) im sure my mom can make some food and get some drinks if needed. i can also help work on you car at the same time. ive done just about everything except an engine and clutch install and i have just about every tool you could need. big ass semi garage with air tools and even a pit so you can walk under your car.

Jakey
10-15-2003, 01:04 AM
Pending on when you decide to work on it, I might come up to help out as much as possible. I'll have to see what time brings......

Nash
10-15-2003, 08:23 AM
I can probably give you hand. You just have to let me know when you are going to be working on it.

AJ
10-15-2003, 09:15 AM
I make a great tool bitch. Post up when your working on it and we will see who can lend a hand. There are plenty of people here that will help out to better their knowledge and just to work on a car.

Enes
10-15-2003, 10:00 AM
I don't know about the tool part AJ but the other.. well we'll just leave it at that :)

Hmm.. i will be in Wudberry this weekend for few hours i might stop by if nothing..

-E

jd1828
10-15-2003, 11:47 AM
the engine is going to rick's next weekend and he said he can have it done in about 5days after i give it to him. the only problem is that i live in duluth and i have to drive back to woodbury. so i can only work on it during the weekend. ill let you guys know for sure when im going to have the engine ready. it should be in 3-4 weeks.

jd1828
10-22-2003, 01:10 PM
looks like this is going to take longer than i thought. this jackass at the bank kept putting me off for two weeks, until today when i finally got ahold of him. they cant give me a loan because i live in duluth and my mom(the cosigner) lives in woodbury. what kind of bull shit is that. so now i have to find another way to pay for the rebuild.

Jakey
10-22-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by jd1828@Oct 22 2003, 12:10 PM
looks like this is going to take longer than i thought. this jackass at the bank kept putting me off for two weeks, until today when i finally got ahold of him. they cant give me a loan because i live in duluth and my mom(the cosigner) lives in woodbury. what kind of bull shit is that. so now i have to find another way to pay for the rebuild.
I've never heard of such a thing, I live 3 hours away from my parents but they cosigned for my truck loan and the bank was well aware that I would be 3 hours away from them.

jd1828
10-22-2003, 01:16 PM
i think its more that they just didnt want to give the loan to me. so they came up with some dumb reason.

2003eclipse
10-22-2003, 03:41 PM
go to cash auto title loans, in hudson wi. lol you can get the motor built and if you dont pay they get a car with no motor.