PDA

View Full Version : Lamp in a DLP TV

INTRIGUED
01-08-2012, 01:35 AM
Girlfriends parents tv went out, I'm leaning towards the lamp. Ordered it up today just to get the process going. Anyone ever replace one of these? Fairly easy to do? I haven't even looked at the back yet for a DLP tv if it goes out I just put my chips on the lamp. Curious to any views on the topic.

Kracka
01-08-2012, 10:50 AM
How old is it? It seems like with average/heavy use a DLP bulb needs replacement about every two years. They're easy to replace, there will be an access panel in the back.

Goat Blower
01-08-2012, 11:31 AM
Yes, I did mine last summer, took me about 15 min. I also bought a color wheel to replace that, but moving the TV to get to the back fixed the color problem, so I've put that on the shelf for another day. Jump in, it's a pretty simple job.

INTRIGUED
01-08-2012, 12:46 PM
Its about 4-5 years old, I'll take a look at it. I'm sure the task will be passed onto me to do it. I'll try anything once! Heyo!

Thanks for the input fellas.

INTRIGUED
01-12-2012, 11:57 AM
Changed it out, that was way easy. Two screws for back panel, two screws holding it in place and it just slid out. Tv works great now.

TalonFiero
01-28-2012, 01:09 PM
I've replaced lamps, color wheels and light tunnels in a couple Sammys. Samsung had a recall on a 6 year old tv not too long ago and my brother got a new lamp and light tunnel replaced free of charge.

Lamp is real simple, color wheel is not too hard but the gaskets are sometimes hard to get just right.

There is a local place in St. Paul that sells bulbs out the backdoor for $90 :)

INTRIGUED
02-02-2012, 01:59 PM
I got the lamp on amazon for 65 shipped so it all worked out.