PDA

View Full Version : 95 Talon Tsi 2nd O2 Sensor

Boostin90GSX
05-17-2004, 04:14 PM
a buddy of mine has a 95 talon tsi. he wants to gut his cat out but he says theres a o2 sensor right after the cat. i have a 1g so i didnt have this problem when doin mine. he wants to know if he guts the cat will it make the car run like shit or will it throw codes due to the 2nd o2 sensor. :dsmrule:

tsiawdspeed
05-17-2004, 04:26 PM
He may get a code. Some cars do and some don't. If he does, there is an eliminator circut (bunch of resistors) that he can buy which will trick the computer into thinking there is a cat.

Boostin90GSX
05-17-2004, 04:36 PM
will it make it run like crap though

tsiawdspeed
05-17-2004, 04:54 PM
I think the only purpose for the 2nd sensor is to make sure the cat is there and working. If i'm wrong, someone please correct me.

fmicmatt
05-18-2004, 07:56 AM
I ran into this problem years ago with my 2G and Buschur/ATR Exhaust. If you cut or un-plug it you will see an engine code.

I called Buschur and they said to wrap it in alum. foil (heatsink) and put it inside the car.

I put mine under my center console near the e-brake. There is a litte spot of angle steel that holds it in place and disipates the heat. Looks like a metal corn-dog w/wires or a 02sensor wraped in alum foil.........however good your imagination is I guess.

Worked great for the two years i had the stock 7-bolt w/ECU.

-Matt