PDA

View Full Version : Wear your helmets guys. Warning: Graphic images inside.

Pages : [1] 2

tpunx99GSX
07-02-2011, 10:32 AM
My cousin is lucky to be alive. He lives in Minot and was cruising around town on his sportbike without his helmet, and was making a lane change and the car in front of him stopped and he went right into the back of it.
He is ok, and coherent, he was up walking around right after the accident and a lady told him to sit down and wait for the ambulance. He was talking last night as well and surprisingly recalls everything.

Wear your helmets guys, my cousin is lucky to be alive right now.

96GST16g
07-02-2011, 10:48 AM
wow daaaamn i normally wear one on the high way bc that is were the stupid shit happends but intown i live in a small town so 35 is max speed dont think abou this kinda shit

tpunx99GSX
07-02-2011, 10:51 AM
wow daaaamn i normally wear one on the high way bc that is were the stupid shit happends but intown i live in a small town so 35 is max speed dont think abou this kinda shit

He was the same way. And this was around town, but shit happens no matter where you are. I can see no reason why you wouldnt wear a helmet at all times. They look cool, (a lot cooler than he looks now), plus they protect you from being a vegetable or worse.

goodhart
07-02-2011, 11:02 AM
Holy Fawk. Damn right he is lucky, the way his head is smashed in like that. Fuckin ouch. The fact that his skull cracked there might be what saved him from some major hemorrhaging/brain trauma

tpunx99GSX
07-02-2011, 11:03 AM
26 stitches in his head, and today he is getting surgery on his thumb that was pretty banged up.

scheides
07-02-2011, 11:31 AM
:( My brother rode in an ambulance about 2 months ago, but he WAS wearing riding gear...still sooo scary. Hope he recovers well!

93gtpeater
07-02-2011, 12:07 PM
Wow. Iam glad I had a helmet on when I crashed twice. those scars will remind him to wear a helmet next. Glad hes alright.

cmspaz
07-03-2011, 01:20 AM
Holy shit... He's lucky, with injuries like that it could have been A LOT worse.

This is why you watch for bikes and don't make any sudden maneuvers around them.

But helmets are important too.

98gstaherns
07-03-2011, 08:28 AM
yea i always have my helmet and jacket on. Its just not worth the risk and how easily something can happen. Well i hope all is well for him!

Zivman
07-03-2011, 08:31 AM
two kinds of bike riders...

those that have crashed and those that will.

very good to hear he is doing well. my sister in law rides around with her hubby on a harley without helmets all the time. I say to her, at least put me down as the beneficiary on your life insurance policy.....