PDA

View Full Version : Need cams installed

93gtpeater
06-18-2011, 11:23 AM
Like the title says i need cams installed in my 1g talon. I was going ro try doing it myself but I dont have the patients. looking for someone to come out to my house and install cams. I want someone that has done this before amd feels comfortable doing it .
Shoot me a pm or text with price and when you can do it. 651 278 6296

mike55112
06-18-2011, 11:43 AM
Just do it yourself, its really not hard at all.

turbotalon1g
06-18-2011, 02:59 PM
^X2. Even if you don't do it my supposed "ghetto" way, I know you can do it.

As far as your question about bleeding lifters, I've never done it and I've changed cams 4 times in teh same motor with no issues at all.

93gtpeater
06-18-2011, 03:03 PM
Iam working on it right now. just got the timing belt cover pullied off. had problems with getting the crank pulley off. About to pull the cams out now. I wil update my project thread tonight

blackawdtsi
06-18-2011, 03:42 PM
^X2. Even if you don't do it my supposed "ghetto" way, I know you can do it.

As far as your question about bleeding lifters, I've never done it and I've changed cams 4 times in teh same motor with no issues at all.

I'd call it more of an "I've done it 10 times already and the right way is too slow".

If your lift is changing a significantly, I'd bleed them. It's 5 extra minutes to pull out the lifters poke an alan wrench in them and stick them back in. Why shortcut your first time around?

At-Least-It's-An-Evo
06-18-2011, 05:46 PM
I woulda done it earlier but I dunno... maybe tomorrow if I can get done doing my own car's stuff... Ya got a Timing belt tensioner.

I only do it the "ghetto" way.

x-pride
06-18-2011, 08:18 PM
Iam working on it right now. just got the timing belt cover pullied off. had problems with getting the crank pulley off. About to pull the cams out now. I wil update my project thread tonight

If you had the tensioner tool. You would not need to take the crank pulley off. Glad you went ahead and did it yourself. If you did not collapse your lifters, just put everything back together and let the car sit over night.