PDA

View Full Version : Shop with Press? (near Fridley)

Pages : [1] 2

Speedfreak
04-18-2011, 02:05 PM
Of course I sold my large press two weeks ago after not using it for a couple years, then yesterday I figured out I need to use one to press out my front left wheel bearing/hub from the front left knuckle on our Montero.

Anyone(shop? Primo?) close to Fridley able to press this out/in? How much and when can I drop it off?

Or does anyone have any suggestions close to my location they trust? Or take it to any Car X, Midas, etc?

Speedfreak
04-18-2011, 04:30 PM
I guess I should say close to my location is preferable, but not necessary.

viridionplague
04-18-2011, 05:43 PM
i can talk to my work about doing it, and i could do it for you wed/thursday. otherwise any shop around should be able to do it for you for around 20 bucks.

Spikesoftail
04-18-2011, 05:56 PM
I buy a ton of part from Fridley Carquest. Anything I couldn't press myself, I've had them do it. Really great guys over there.

Halon
04-18-2011, 06:10 PM
I'm pretty sure my friend derek has a press in his basement (Minneapolis). Nothing too fancy just a basic press. Another option might be JET if you still have his number. He's in the Ham Lake area, and pretty sure he has a press.

Kracka
04-18-2011, 06:27 PM
MAP has one too.

Speedfreak
04-18-2011, 08:41 PM
i can talk to my work about doing it, and i could do it for you wed/thursday. otherwise any shop around should be able to do it for you for around 20 bucks.

Would like to get this done Tuesday, but if it doesn't happen, I may hit you up.

I buy a ton of part from Fridley Carquest. Anything I couldn't press myself, I've had them do it. Really great guys over there.

Going to call them Tuesday, thank you.

I'm pretty sure my friend derek has a press in his basement (Minneapolis). Nothing too fancy just a basic press. Another option might be JET if you still have his number. He's in the Ham Lake area, and pretty sure he has a press.

MAP has one too.

Will call around during the work day Tuesday(see if anyone can turn around same day for me.. based on their workload), and have my wife drop it off during the day. Thanks for the responses so far.

Speedfreak
04-19-2011, 09:49 AM
Carquest quoted $43.50

Welle Auto quoted $45.00

Was kind of expecting $20ish, but need/want it done today while I'm at work.

Halon
04-19-2011, 10:22 AM
FYI our shop at work has a press. If you can do it, you could probably go ask Dave Skow if you can use the press after hours...

Pushit2.0
04-19-2011, 12:43 PM
I have a press at home, and I will be out in my garage tonight working on the race car. Send me a PM if you want to stop on by.