PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Built 1g Transmission

LingLing
03-14-2011, 08:56 PM
As the title states I'm looking for a built 1g transmission. Shep, TRE, or one put together with stuff from Jack's. Anything that's an equivalent, or close to an equivalent of a Shep stage 3. Possibly even a dogbox if the price is right. Low mileage preferred, but as long as it's solid I'll consider it. I'm not going to put up a price range because I know they vary by mileage and builder so much.

Looking to pick one up in a week or two when I get my tax return.

-Thanks!

blackrosenova400
03-16-2011, 01:57 AM
You will have multiple people tell you not to get a dogbox, but not a single person will know why, or tell you why. Eaton fuller truck transmisions you see in semi trucks work very similar to a dog box and they use those on a daily basis over milions of miles. You just have to know how to drive em!

A dog box does not necessarily mean its stronger either. A dogbox only reffers to how the gears lock to the shaft. What you want for strength is straight cut gears to eliminate bearing load.

LingLing
03-20-2011, 12:41 AM
Disregard. Buying a solid transmission and ordering my EVO III conversion in the next day or so. Thanks everyone!