PDA

View Full Version : Best insurance rates on DSM's?

LaunchHard
01-18-2011, 02:43 PM
I need to throw some insurance on my DSM even though its parked for the winter. Who has the CHEAPEST insurance for DSM's. I dont have extra funds for this right now. Its a 93 tsi, im 23 and have a clean driving record.

Thanks.

Kracka
01-18-2011, 02:45 PM
http://mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74

*moved*

goodhart
01-18-2011, 02:51 PM
Your best bet would just be to call around since everyone is going to be a different age, have a different driving record, some may have certain discounts (family, multi-vehicle, good student, etc) There are really too many variables to say who is going to be the cheapest for any one person. i.e. American Family may be the cheapest for me, but maybe Progressive would be the cheapest for you.

trunks11
01-18-2011, 03:13 PM
As an agent I will tell you that the single most important thing you can do right now is watch your credit. Companies are using your 'insurance score' as a larger and larger factor to determine what rate you will pay.

Goodhart is correct though, check around multiple places as there are many factors. You may have trouble putting just storage on it unless you have another car to insure as well.

CornFed2.4
01-23-2011, 01:41 PM
I pay less than $20 a month for storage insurance. Thats through Progressive and I have no tickets or accidents. Im over 25, and married. For the four vehicles I have, I pay $120 a month. Two w/ full coverage, one liability and the DSM on storage.

Does your residence play a huge roll in how much you pay?

Kevin 1G Drummer
01-24-2011, 10:16 AM
Residence does play a big part in your rates. When I changed my registered address from Mounds View to Saint Francis, my rates dropped by about $20 a month.