PDA

View Full Version : SCCA LOL Rally Cross

sideways motorsports
10-30-2003, 05:28 PM
Here is a link to the current rally cross season points.

With one more event left it looks as though some classes will have to wait until sunday afternoon before they can have a solid top 3 for awards this year.

Eric Dahl is in a firm placement for 1st in Open Stock.
Now all I have to do is pray that JB Lewis doesnt show up at all and I could grab 2nd !! Lol

Good job to all for the high scores this season.

Rally Cross Scores for 03' (http://sidewaysmotorsports.com/rallycross.htm)

Dan Moore

AJ
10-30-2003, 09:58 PM
God I misss racing in this!

MATCHBX
10-30-2003, 10:09 PM
The only way I could be ousted is if I don't place in the top ten of my class and JB takes first. Then we would tie. I don't see that happening but anything is possible.

If you take 2nd at this rallycross and JB doesn't show up, then you will tie. If you take 1st and he doesn't show, you will come in 2nd. But if he does show, he will have to have a very bad showing if you have a shot at those places. Otherwise you have 3rd pretty well wrapped up if Dennis doesn't show or runs badly. Of course for trophies you have third already (unless Dennis is a SCCA member).

Looks like Collin will have 4th if he comes out and does well.

I think we "newbies" did pretty well for our 1st season in the largest class. There were 35 of us in Open Stock. Most only made it for a few rallies. There were only 3 people that made it to all of them. They were Mark Utecht, Jim Cox and myself. I guess consistancy is what it really takes to stay on top. You don't have to win all of them to come out on top. I can't wait to see what happens between Mark and Jim.

rhino
10-31-2003, 12:03 PM
points? what are those?
i have a different view on rallycross than most people. keep the car moving as fast as possible, preferably sideways, and if a cone is in the way i hit it. sometimes i hit a bunch of them, sometimes i get lucky and none of them have to die. after running ojibwe, i have to say there is nothing in rallyx that gets you ready for stage rally. the speed factor is so different. it takes awhile to get used to keeping your foot to the floor through all the high speed 4,5,and 6 turns.

the rally x courses are usually too tight in my opinion to really get a feel for the car. there's always one corner that they setup to be taken at speed sideways, and that's the spot that everyone enjoys the most. i've never heard anyone say, "did you get some video of me going through the 5 mph slalom? i was hauling through there" the rally exhibition course is a good example of what the courses should be like. (with the pirelli girls present at all times!)

sideways motorsports
11-01-2003, 09:20 AM
i agree with the fun factor of the speeds. the rules actualy say that average speed be kept around the 35-40 mph mark. i assume that is because of the "stock" cars that may not take the extra abuse above that mark.

on the other hand, seat time is seat time. going slower like that WILL improve your driving skills. it is much easier to learn how to left foot brake etc. when you know your chances of slamming a tree are very slim. for example, i have never stage rallied an AWD vechicle and I do fairly well now. i contribute this not so much as driven several rallies in a 2wd but to going out and slamming on the gas at a rally cross, road rally or even when the snow hits hard. that and playing every rally video game out there. lol

just my 2 cents.

dan

rhino
11-01-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by sideways motorsports@Nov 1 2003, 09:20 AM

, seat time is seat time. going slower like that WILL improve your driving skills. it is much easier to learn how to left foot brake etc. when you know your chances of slamming a tree are very slim. for example, i have never stage rallied an AWD vechicle and I do fairly well now. i contribute this not so much as driven several rallies in a 2wd but to going out and slamming on the gas at a rally cross, road rally or even when the snow hits hard.

that and playing every rally video game out there. lol

just my 2 cents.

dan
i agree with that. any seat time is good seat time and will improve your technical skills.

as for the rally video games- colin mcrae 3 actually screwed me up at ojibwe. i had to adjust everything that was called to what i knew from the video game.
it was pretty close the first time i went into a 3 or 4 thinking it was like the game- dragged the ass end through the ditch a couple of times before i realized things in real life are a little tighter and you can actually feel the trees.

sideways motorsports
11-03-2003, 02:52 PM
that is funny. i play the games to try and read the road better. when i first started out i was not able to read the tree lines and ended up looking only a few hundred feet out in front of the car. the games helped me get over this. its easier in the game because you know if you crash you can restart that stage. lol

dan