PDA

View Full Version : Boost Spike Or Leak

Jacek
04-28-2004, 11:06 PM
hey guys, i have a question right of if i have a boost leak or if its just a lil spike.

i just tested my car with trying to get it happing in the tuning department and tuned under higher boost. i have a19 2g maf fmic that i built and to that is a greddy type-s bov which is enough i believe to post for this. i wanted to get my car to the 18-19 psi level but with playing with the avc-r i decided to stop after 2 runs and at 17.5 psi. from my original tuning which i had the car setup for 14psi at the time i tightened the bov so that it would hold a little more. proceeding to start raising the boost i was watching the avc-r (pain in the ass to use and find the correct setting and i saw that my car hits a boost and then drops about 2 psi within 1000rpms after hitting the full boost. i also knoticed that my afc settings stayed the same and so thus i am trying to rule out if i just have a small spike or if i have a small boost leak because the afc settings stayed the same or if its just because its a little warmer out since i tuned my car. i know its kinda hard to tell but if anyone has some info on boost spikes then that would be great to know.

thanks,
Jacek

PS- im thinking this is a hard one to evaluate..

SuperSleeper
04-29-2004, 02:18 AM
Ported 02 housing? If not, it's more likely to be spike. Just my .02.

Jacek
04-29-2004, 07:15 AM
yeah its ported and has a dump tube.

Kracka
04-29-2004, 10:10 AM
Boost will change with temperatures. Preasure check your intake system for leaks.

Jacek
04-29-2004, 07:02 PM
of course it will.. :)

final rule out is boost leak dammit. noticed the clamps could be tightened more today..