PDA

View Full Version : Got Raped By Mechanic

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

pradamike
04-25-2004, 11:45 PM
Ok first off this wasnt my choice but i brought my car to a mechanic because i had to work and all that needed to be done was to change a hose going to the heater core and the mechanic changed it and flushed my radiator... after all was said and done charged 200 dollars.... it was like 175 in labor or something.... this all would have taken me 10 minutes to do what he did.... He took the hose and it is all hacked up and looks like he cut it with a butter knife first off.. and i dont even think he put the right hose on and i believe it is supposed to be a high pressure line.... but anyways i get my car back and notice there is 90 extra miles on it adn the clutch is loose.. and u coudl probably blow on it and it would go down.. I havnt had a chance to call him yet because i picked it up after work and had my g/f go pay for it and they were closed and it is sunday today so... Should i waste my time and be like what the hell did u do that was worth 175 in labor because i know it wasnt the 2 dollar piece of hose and the .75cents in clamps u put on the two ends and try to get my money back,, or should i just not even bother..

sorry if i spelt wront or bad puncuation.

npaulseth
04-25-2004, 11:50 PM
Not to insult you, but are you for SURE they put 90 miles on it? If so, raise hell.

A//// Guy
04-25-2004, 11:54 PM
What company or who "fixed" it? I would do something about that.

pradamike
04-25-2004, 11:55 PM
yeah i reset the trip before the tow truck put it up on the bed and i got it back and there was 90 miles on it i usually write the miles down before it goes in but i knew a hose was just getting changed and they didnt need to test drive it or anything ot see what was wrong.. but the biggest thing is 200 dollars to change one hose and it was 175 for labor it is a 10-20 minute job what were they doing beating off and the best thing is it took two mechanics to do it.....

pradamike
04-25-2004, 11:56 PM
it was firestone up in burnsville i am going to go buy the parts tomarrow on my own drive up there bitch and say what the f is up with 175 in labor rip their part out and put it in in 2 minutes and get my money back because they did a crap job also

npaulseth
04-25-2004, 11:59 PM
Doesn't sound like a bad plan.

unreal808
04-25-2004, 11:59 PM
I would ask why so much.

Did you ask how much it would be beforehand?

How much do thay charge per hour?

What is the book time for the job/work done?

A//// Guy
04-26-2004, 12:06 AM
Which hose did you change? Is it a DSM? Then I would assume its the one going from the coolant lines under the TB to the firewall?

pradamike
04-26-2004, 12:08 AM
yeah its that hose but it isnt a hard on to get to and certainly not worth 175 in labor and the hose they cut looks like they cut it with a plastic butter knife it just looks like crap

A//// Guy
04-26-2004, 12:10 AM
That shoud be maybe a 30-40 dollar job including parts. I would complain and talk to a manager.