PDA

View Full Version : Cop punches woman in the face

1ViciousGSX
06-17-2010, 09:02 AM
http://www.nowpublic.com/world/cop-punches-woman-seattle-officer-ian-walsh-punches-girl-video-2629703.html

I think the officer was right to use force to subdue the situation. That woman was pushing him and interfering with him performing his duties. The officer has the right to defend himself if he's being attacked. Me, I'd pulled out the Glock and put a cap in her knee. That would stopped the attacks.

I'm sorry, we can all say we hates cops for what ever reason. But when dealing with one, they should get the respect they deserve. You'll quickly find that if you show them respect, they give you the same.

The sad thing is that nobody came to the cop's defense and/or tried to help him.

Matt D.
06-17-2010, 09:04 AM
Kracka pointed that out yesterday in the shoutbox. Almost immediately on cnn.com in the comments someone pulled the race card. I expect that he would have done the same no matter what color the person was, but leave it to black people to act the way that group did.

A//// Guy
06-17-2010, 09:11 AM
Do what a cop tells you to do, or you get punched in the face. Simple id say.

1ViciousGSX
06-17-2010, 09:18 AM
What I don't get is this:

Use Cross walk or Jay walk: 30 seconds difference
Jay walk with risk: $20 fine if caught
Get caught and act an ass with officer of the law: win free trip down town

Priceless.

Spikesoftail
06-17-2010, 09:24 AM
I deal with cops all the time, and I see a lot of cases where people say "the police just attacked me, I wasn't doing anything". Most times an officer tells a person a minimum of 5 times, usually more, to stop what they are doing and comply. The person doesnt comply and the proper amount of force is applied to handle the situation. Obviously I cant speak for all police officers, but most that I have delt with have been the greatest people you could ever know.

98gstaherns
06-17-2010, 10:42 AM
I was listen to the local radio station here and they were talking about this, One of the guys on the show who is black the girl got what she had coming going after a cop. Then a black guy called saying how can you say that about your race, what that cop did was rasict. Then the host asked him if he would have called if it was a white girl. He said hell naaa.

mdost03
06-17-2010, 10:55 AM
I agree with this comment:

"An officer in a situation alone which is clearly not under control has someone step up and try to help the suspect get free. Now the officer has to deal with 2 immediate threats. Remember there is no way to tell the level of those threats at the time but he can't deal with 2 at the same time so what should you do? Immobolize one of the threats. Now if I am correct once you touch someone without their permission it is consider battery. So the 2nd suspect agressivly approached the officer and her actions were agressive as well. The officer defended himself by immobolizing her with a non leathel method. But what is going to happen is this will be turned into a race issue. SPD will be criticized again and no one will look at the facts. None of the suspects took direction or commands from the officer so using his "inside voice" would have fallen on deaf ears. I feel his actions were appropriate for the situation."

People always sit back and throw in our two cents on videos like this (racism, excessive force, etc.), but we weren't there so we don't know the exact circumstances that the officer had to deal with. If I had to deal with those 2 though, I would have thrown a punch in there as well, maybe a taser for good measure.

goodhart
06-17-2010, 11:04 AM
http://img.chan4chan.com/img/2009-12-08/1260270112182.gif

Sorry, but stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason.

I would have done the same thing whether the person was white, black , yellow, or fucking flourescent pink. The only reason we are talking about it right now is because the person was black. If they were white, it never even would have hit the local newspaper. Sorry if that offends you, but it's the dead honest truth, and if you don't see it that way, then you need to get a clue.