PDA

View Full Version : Government Motors recall

Kracka
06-08-2010, 03:19 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2010/06/08/gm-recalling-million-cars-hazard/

They've been recalling millions of vehicles too lately, odd how Mr. Obama hasn't been trying to make martyrs out of them like he is Toyota... IMO, the extent to which the Toyota recalls were blown out of proportion is nothing more than a pathetic attempt to drive up the demand for "domestic" cars.

Shane@DBPerformance
06-08-2010, 03:51 PM
"The car maker did not report any injuries related to the recall."

How did Toyota fair in that aspect?

Kracka
06-08-2010, 04:03 PM
How did Toyota fair in that aspect?
What percentage can be blamed on driver error though? Blaming Toyota became too easy.

Spikesoftail
06-08-2010, 04:34 PM
Ideed, if my car pinned the thottle wide open on its own, I'd shut it off, certain death avoided. I think there was definatly a problem, but it was blown way out by the media. There have been so many recalls over the years that have been just as dangerous/deadly, unfortunatly Toyota got the ass end of this one. I have to say Toyota did an absolute kick ass job taking care of it. They've always made a great car and the really showed they're commitmemt to they're customers by litteraly working around the clock to get all the recalls taken care of.

Goat Blower
06-08-2010, 04:40 PM
We need a congressional hearing on this, and the GM executives are expected to travel by bicycle.

1ViciousGSX
06-09-2010, 11:10 AM
Government Motors will plead the 5th. Can't incriminate or prosecute themselves.

To show you how 2-sided the issue really is, anybody realize that GM sells Toyota made vehicles that fell under the sticking throttle recall? Pontiac Vibe is one of them. Nobody really talks about it though.

Kracka
06-09-2010, 11:22 AM
Yup, you of course never hear about that.