PDA

View Full Version : Wtf!!!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

1ViciousGSX
06-02-2010, 03:37 PM
http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/ohio-news/estimates-ok-for-speeding-tickets-court-rules-741192.html

:cuffs2:

Matt D.
06-02-2010, 03:41 PM
We're in the hand basket to hell already, what's one more travesty to civil rights?

tpunx99GSX
06-02-2010, 03:43 PM
Really nothing new. In MN we have had this law for over 8 years. How do i know you ask? Because ive been given a ticket for this. The police officer admittingly said he didnt have time to pull out the radar gun, so he gave me a "General Speed" ticket.
Which was a lot less money than i would have had to pay had he actually clocked me, i was doing around 75-80 in a 45. This was when i still lived in MN and had the red gsx.

Kracka
06-02-2010, 03:43 PM
You've got to be kidding me...

Matt D.
06-02-2010, 03:47 PM
Really nothing new. In MN we have had this law for over 8 years. How do i know you ask? Because ive been given a ticket for this. The police officer admittingly said he didnt have time to pull out the radar gun, so he gave me a "General Speed" ticket.
Which was a lot less money than i would have had to pay had he actually clocked me, i was doing around 75-80 in a 45. This was when i still lived in MN and had the red gsx.
That's different, you were blatantly speeding and it was obvious. But when someone gets ticketed because they're doing the speed limit and pass someone who isn't, that's where the issue arises.

tpunx99GSX
06-02-2010, 03:52 PM
Not really matt.
Its reserved for times when it looks obvious that your going over the speed limit. So like in a neighborhood if your doing 50 in a 25 the cop can pull you over and give you a ticket for general speed.
Its not like they are going to have officers just handing out tickets saying well i think he was going 65, well i think he was going 75, and totally rule out radar guns. General speed doesnt have a number attached to it, it doesnt go on your record, If i remember correctly it was only like a $45 ticket back then. Considered an infraction. Which if your going fast enough to get tagged with one of these, youll be lucky to get off with that kind of a fine.
its not anything to do with civil rights. If it were really anything to do with civil rights maybe you should whine about the fact you cant get a jury of your peers for a traffic violation.
WAAAAHHhhh

Matt D.
06-02-2010, 04:00 PM
Yes, because every cop in this great nation of fail has the willpower to not abuse their power, right? If you say so.

Murlo26
06-02-2010, 04:02 PM
Wow, reminds me of the ticket i got in my RSX...speed faster than prudent or necessary because i fit through two cars that the cop could barely do and it was near a sidewalk by porkys. I wasn't speeding, accelerating too fast, just squeezed in between two cars too fast i guess.

This doesn't surprise me though...the government has to pay for obama's spending some how.

Kracka
06-02-2010, 04:26 PM
Yes, because every cop in this great nation of fail has the willpower to not abuse their power, right? If you say so.
Tom would be the first to agree with you in any thread but this one.

1ViciousGSX
06-02-2010, 04:27 PM
Tom would be the first to agree with you in any thread but this one.
:lol: