PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Tein coilover adjustment tools

scheides
05-24-2010, 10:56 AM
Looking for the coilover adjustment wrenches and more importantly the damper adjustment knob for a set of Tein Monoflex coilovers, the parts seen in this pic:

http://i.imgur.com/Brbqd.jpg

Please let me know if you have these!

Jaei Sun
05-24-2010, 12:28 PM
Is the adjustment knob just a allen wrench?

Matt D.
05-24-2010, 02:08 PM
Is the adjustment knob just a allen wrench?
I can't tell, but I did try different allen wrenches and nothing fit.

scheides
05-24-2010, 03:03 PM
It looks like part of the click mechanism is missing. I'm going to try some more allen wrenches and see if any fit in there.

C3L1CA
05-24-2010, 03:15 PM
I have the adjustment wrenches you could borrow if you want. I don't have the adjustment knobs though.

2zzgtte
05-24-2010, 03:42 PM
Let me look. I got Tein SS-P on my Celica but I don't need the allen tools because I got EDFC. I have the box around somewhere. If I find them, you can have them.

scheides
05-24-2010, 03:49 PM
Yay! How do you like the EDFC? If I can adjust them from in the car w/o too much trouble, I've considered keeping them and getting that setup. They are damn bouncy on the freeway though.

Speedfreak
05-24-2010, 04:48 PM
Yay! How do you like the EDFC? If I can adjust them from in the car w/o too much trouble, I've considered keeping them and getting that setup. They are damn bouncy on the freeway though.

The adjustment tool is just an allen if memory serves me right. Like the others, I have this stuff you can borrow if needed.

Also, on other makes of cars, the "flex" system was a bit bouncy as well and Tein corrected most/all of that with their "mono flex" kits. I haven't looked to see if they offer it for the X, but I'd guess they may.

Another thing to check is if they are set up properly. Meaning when installing the coilover setup, the right way to lower the car is by the body of the assembly and not by compressing the spring between the perches. A lot of people make that mistake. This will change the way the car rides.

Matt D.
05-24-2010, 05:01 PM
Another thing to check is if they are set up properly. Meaning when installing the coilover setup, the right way to lower the car is by the body of the assembly and not by compressing the spring between the perches. A lot of people make that mistake. This will change the way the car rides.
This would be something to check, loosen all the perches then snug them up to the spring by hand. If you want to get it done right then have Jeff or someone corner weight it as well.