PDA

View Full Version : Damn, damn, DAMN

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

1ViciousGSX
10-29-2003, 07:19 PM
Well I thought I was heading to the track tonight. But a Gremlin that I had been fighting awhile back is at it again.

This is what I have going on;
As the rpms come up and boost goes up, I get a miss fire that is bad enough for the ecu to kill a couple of cylinders for a couple of seconds, even after I back out of the throttle. Car rpm's up fine under normal or low boost driving (below 20psi) all the way to red-line without a hic-up. Turn up the boost and it starts to come in. 2 plugs look nice and clean, 2 plugs are dark.

This is what I have done to try and fix it;
Replaced both coils and power transistor today, put BPR7ES plugs back in (gapped at .026), replaced plug wires and cam sensor about 6 months ago which was throwing up a fault code also (for this same problem) . None of this helped.

I have Sunoco 116 in the tank and am getting no knock. Oh yeah I forgot, if anyone wants to know how tough the 2g headbolts are, I can tell you pretty damn strong. My Profec-b got out of adjustment and on the first few times I hit the boost to try and see how it was running it was hitting up to 29-30psi and pulling hard when it wasn't miss firing. Damn if I could just figure this shit out. No, I don't plan on running 29-30psi on this stock 2g.

Let the games begin :headache:

cudvig
10-29-2003, 08:21 PM
are you running 20 psi daily driving on a stock 2g?

1ViciousGSX
10-29-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by cudvig@Oct 29 2003, 09:21 PM
are you running 20 psi daily driving on a stock 2g?
no, nornal is 14-15psi

A//// Guy
10-29-2003, 08:28 PM
Stock headbolts and your pushing 25+ PSI?? Ughh I dont think that the 2g bolts are much, if any, stronger than 1g bolts...

As for the problem I dont know sounds strange... Its not fuel cut?

1ViciousGSX
10-29-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by EclipseTurbo@Oct 29 2003, 09:28 PM
As for the problem I dont know sounds strange... Its not fuel cut?
Running DSMLink which removes the fuel cut.

Nash
10-29-2003, 09:03 PM
http://www.dsmstyle.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=25

1ViciousGSX:* PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, give us all the correct information about your car (year, engine, 5-speed or auto, current mods, turbo or non-turbo, etc.). This can only HELP YOU get the best answers to HELP YOU.

Not everyone knows what you have done to your car.

JET
10-29-2003, 09:05 PM
It definately sounds ignition related. Have you tried reseating the wires after the engine is hot? Sometimes they can pop off because of the air expanding if you put them on when it was cold. Do you have a fuel pressure guage? Maybe the fuel pressure is dropping as demand increases?

Shane@DBPerformance
10-29-2003, 09:24 PM
Stock headbolts and your pushing 25+ PSI?? Ughh I dont think that the 2g bolts are much, if any, stronger than 1g bolts...

The 92.5+ bolts are weaker due to being a 1mm smaller.

Bad injectors? Are they black from fuel or oil?

Semi-blown headgasket? Might only be blown enough to cause problems at high boost, but that might just cause it to overheat a little and push coolant, but not misfire.

Are you I/C pipes free of oil? A little oil from a slightly blown turbo seal or accumulated in the intercooler can cause misfires under boost.

A//// Guy
10-29-2003, 10:04 PM
So 92.5+ which would b all 7 bolts are acutally weaker than 90-92.5? So would his headgasket have blown? CVD is probably gone... but he atleast has some other problems.. like overheating.. its still runs good though...

Vicous- How could you not even obey your own posted rule about mods and stuff? :lol:

santa
10-30-2003, 01:12 AM
Have you tried replacing the ignition control modual?