PDA

View Full Version : Official NFL discussion

goodhart
04-22-2010, 04:12 PM
Well, the NFL Draft is on Prime Time for the first time ever tonight (6:30pm). Anybody else going to be watching it?

I noticed the Vikings signed Lito Sheppard last night, so that pretty much fixes our need of another CB, although with the way our Safeties performed last year, the Vikings could also look at USC Safety Taylor Mays, who's stock seems to have fallen a bit after the NFL scouting combine, or even Texas Safety Earl Thomas.

There is also a few other directions they could go:

The Vikings could go after a Defensive Tackle, since Pat Williams is 37 years old and most likely in going to be playing the last year of his career in 2010.

A running back to replace Chester Taylor, and spell Adrian Peterson.

A Quarterback we are going to desperately need for the future, even if Brett Favre does come back. I think at the #30 overall pick, they could have a Quarterback like Texas' Colt McCoy. Although with the 2nd round pick, there is still some value with Dan LeFevour, Tony Pike, or dare I say it...Tim Tebow. Today ESPN's Adam Shefter said he thought Notre Dame's Jimmy Clausen could fall all the way to #30.

We also need some sort of upgrade on our Offensive line, because, well at times last year, it was just that. Offensive. We could be going after a Guard or Center with one of the first two picks, Florida's Maurkice Pouncey has been mentioned, but I think he will be gone before #30.

So, what does anybody else think?

Constant_Project21
04-22-2010, 04:28 PM
I'm glad we picked up lito, we needed someone in the secondary. Our safteys are pretty piss poor, been more than dissappointed in Madieu (sp?) Williams so far, after all the money spent on him. A saftey would be a smart pick in the first round.

I agree with a QB in the second...Clausen slipping back would really help out, as I hate Tim Tebow, and don't wanna see him in the purple and gold.

As for DT, they're a dime a dozen. I can see us getting a DT in 3-5th round, someone we can build up to eventually replace fat pat.

t-revzr
04-22-2010, 05:04 PM
I just want AP to learn how to not fumble lol

goodhart
04-22-2010, 05:09 PM

Ugh, don't we all. Both Mel Kiper Jr. and Todd McShay are both saying the Vikes will get a QB with #30 now.

McShay-Clausen

Kiper Jr.- Tebow

Halon
04-22-2010, 05:46 PM

I agree, but at the same time sometimes I feel that good things often come at a cost.

Look at Barry Sanders. One of the best the game has ever seen being the NFL's #3 All Time Leading Rusher. Unfortunately he also holds the NFL record for most yards lost.

With that being said though, holding on to the damn football is junior high level crap and the guy seriouslly needs to figure that out!!

goodhart
04-22-2010, 07:24 PM
Some people may not remember, but Walter Payton also fumbed 30 times in his first 3 seasons with the bears. That is 10 more fumbles than Peterson's first 3 years. Payton actually never fumbled less than 5 times in any one full season he played and he is still remembered as one of the best to ever play.

goodhart
04-22-2010, 10:02 PM
Well the Vikes just traded their #30 pick to the Lions for the Lions #2 in the second round (moving back 4 picks) for the Lions 4th round choice, and a "later" pick. I guess we'll have to wait till tommorow at 6pm to see who the Vikings pick up.

t-revzr
04-22-2010, 10:16 PM
Im going to guess were still going to pick up a quarterback tomorrow... Just not sure which guy they will choose...

stickyphoenix
04-23-2010, 02:48 AM
If they do pick a QB, I hope they pick McCoy.