PDA

View Full Version : Tuning Warning

JasonR
04-18-2004, 08:03 PM
I messed up yesterday. With a new cylinder head and intake, throttle, etc. I was looking for big gains. Car started bucking immediately half way into boost. I forgot extra spark plugs. I recently changed to vp c16 and the plugs in car were bad. Well, with the help of friends we got the new plugs and gapped them and threw them in. Dynoed and got the fuel and timing pretty good, then I lost my ability to do capture, so I cannot see what is safe when increasing timing or adding more boost. Something wrong with my harness. Ended up with a gain in horse power, but never finished because someone else scheduled after me. On a positive note when I go back it will go smoother and all left to do is increase boost and re-tune a little. My point is always bring extra set of plugs! Also anyone out there ever have problems with their harness port. I use DSM Link. Have to hold it in to communicate with ecu currently. I will try and fix tommorrow. Appreciate any comments or suggestions on harness connection.

1ViciousGSX
04-18-2004, 09:20 PM
Moved to Basic Tech

john
04-19-2004, 10:30 AM
Is the question you are asking: How do I fix the broken harness? If so, you may need to post a couple of pics so we can see how it is broken.

JasonR
04-19-2004, 05:20 PM
Sorry everyone. I fixed. Now I have to re-tune and turn up boost. Thanks for the reply. Dyno time at elite is 2 weeks out.