PDA

View Full Version : 1g Bov + Quest + Crush?

Kougar
04-17-2004, 11:02 PM
Ok, so i got my quest. Now i have a 1g bov. After the install, it's leaking boost after like 8 PSI or something. It also dies after going off WOT, starts bad, and well...it's not running good. So i know i need to crush it, like i assumed i would. But not quite sure how to crush it. ALso, can i do it without a vacuum pump? I know you crush the top of it down with a vice grip after you connect a pump until you get the desired pressure limit on it (aka boost cut basically).

If all of that made no sense, or even if it did, just tell me how to crush a bov.

Kracka
04-17-2004, 11:12 PM
A working stock 1G BOV will not leak at 8 psi. Are you sure the gasket/flange isn't what is leaking? From what you said, it sounds more like you have a bad boost leak. Anyways...to crush a 1G BOV put it in a vice with a rag on either side just to protect it from scratches and "crush" it just enough so the vacuum nipple barely touches the base.

Kougar
04-17-2004, 11:43 PM
Yeah i know, it does sound like a boost leak. Thing is, before i put it in it was fine, after it wasn't. I double check all the hose clamps i played with, all were tight.

So...i'm confused still. Crush the stem where you put the vacuum line into? And base as in where it contacts the pipe? I need pics :headache:

Super Bleeder!!
04-18-2004, 12:22 AM
crushing it is not the answer, your problem lies in the seal (as chris said) or in the signal lines

Kracka
04-18-2004, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Kougar@Apr 17 2004, 11:43 PM
So...i'm confused still. Crush the stem where you put the vacuum line into? And base as in where it contacts the pipe? I need pics :headache:
Crush it down about 1-2mm, it will come in contact with a ridge on the cap of the BOV....it is kinda hard to explain without actually showing you. Your problem does not lie here though....preasure check your intake system, that should yeild answers.

Kougar
04-18-2004, 11:18 AM
Where's that turbo bong...