PDA

View Full Version : Mounting flywheel to crank

b00sted_spyder
03-07-2010, 11:53 PM
I guess I'm one of those who has never taken off a dsm flywheel(I sold my 7 bolt block with the flywheel on). So my question is: is there a skinny plate that goes in between the flywheel and crank? I have taken flywheels off of Toyota's and they do have the plate in between the flywheel and crank.

Thanks.

tehehodi
03-07-2010, 11:55 PM
Are you talking about the starter plate? if so, Yes, but a plate between the flywheel and the crank itself, I don't think so.

Pushit2.0
03-08-2010, 12:02 AM
Nothing between the crank and flywheel. But as said above there is a plate between the transmission and block, for the most part it holds the starter in the right spot.

~John

123abc
03-08-2010, 08:37 AM
I think the auto's have it on both sides of the flexplate, I could be mistaken. Not on the flywheel to crank though.

b00sted_spyder
03-08-2010, 01:10 PM
Nothing between the crank and flywheel. But as said above there is a plate between the transmission and block, for the most part it holds the starter in the right spot.

~John

Cool, that is what I am looking for. I have the starter plate already, just wasn't sure cause some Toyota's came with them. Thanks guys.