PDA

View Full Version : Worried or not?

Pages : [1] 2

Brandito93
02-28-2010, 11:46 PM
Hey guys really looking to get this car is there anything I should be worried about with this like any of the parts and let me know what you think of the car.

http://www.bauerracing.net/Cars/Eagle/1993/93Talon.htm

Swifty1638
02-28-2010, 11:48 PM
Link no found.

Kracka
03-01-2010, 07:20 AM
The car looks really clean and well setup, but the link says it sold over 3 years ago... If its the "new" owner selling it be sure to get some updated pictures and info b/c a lot can change in 3 years.

goodhart
03-01-2010, 07:53 AM
I would be leery and get some current pics of the car (with current date stamp to make sure they are current). I am the prime example on here of buying a car when the seller only showed old pictures (didn't know that at the time) and ended up with a car that was really nice.....about 3 years earlier, the car ended up being a complete lemon and I have spent the last 4 years fixing the last owners mistakes ( I was in Iraq at the time and didn't get to look at it in person)

LingLing
03-01-2010, 08:43 AM
You always run the risk of buying someone else's mistake. Especially when the car is half way across the country.

Just getting out there to see it is a big investment, so like other have said, get updated pictures and specs, because even though it's California, you still never know.

From the pictures that it shows it looks really clean. There's some nice parts on there. Just make sure it's REALLY what you want. $5000 is a lot of money. Let alone the cost of flying out there.

GsXtUrBo98
03-01-2010, 09:36 AM
He rebuilt the tranny himself, or one of the owners did. Also, it has a 7 bolt......

Brandito93
03-01-2010, 09:44 AM
I asked the guy to send me a video of the car running and like a walkaround and of the inside and stuff and plus my dad will probably talk to the guy for like half a day before we for sure for sure go and get it. and the whole getting outhere thing... we didnt take a vacation this year so this is counting as it

twack
03-01-2010, 09:56 AM
I asked the guy to send me a video of the car running and like a walkaround and of the inside and stuff and plus my dad will probably talk to the guy for like half a day before we for sure for sure go and get it. and the whole getting outhere thing... we didnt take a vacation this year so this is counting as it
i wouldnt do it like stated its a 7 bolt, and usually a 1g wont make that kind of long drive without breaking something. i would look local. for that price you can get a decent 2g

Kracka
03-01-2010, 09:59 AM
I'd take a nice 1G over a 2G any day.

LingLing
03-01-2010, 10:02 AM
i would look local. for that price you can get a decent 2g

I agree. Look local first. I would never buy a car, let alone a modified DSM without being able to drive it first. There tons of nice DSM's for sale around the Twin Cities too. More will be up for sale as the weather gets warmer.

I'd take a nice 1G over a 2G any day.

Can't argue with that.