PDA

View Full Version : Don't Remember When My Violations Were

Pages : [1] 2

LingLing
02-17-2010, 03:30 PM
Well once I pick up the new DSM I'll be putting it on my own policy.

I've gone on to some of the major providers (GEICO, Progressive, State Farm) and gotten online quotes. The only thing is I don't remember when my last violation was. I honestly don't remember if it was over 3 years ago or not. I think I may have a speeding ticket (If I recall correctly it was ~62 in a 55), but again I don't remember when.

When I call to get something set-up, do I have to know all these dates? Or can they pull everything up with my SSN? So far looks like Progressive is the cheapest for me (Probably because I've been on my Dad's policy for 7 years). ~$30/month for liability.

Thanks for the help!

tpunx99GSX
02-17-2010, 03:42 PM
Hey, Call up my brother, he can get you good deals on insurance. his name is Doug Ferlaak phone number is 651-334-6975, he works for RSI insurance and can get you in on a lot of other companys to get the best price. I think we pay 70 bucks for our full coverage on our truck and another 10 bucks for our renters home policy.

LingLing
02-17-2010, 03:44 PM
Hey, Call up my brother, he can get you good deals on insurance. his name is Doug Ferlaak phone number is 651-335-6975, he works for RSI insurance and can get you in on a lot of other companys to get the best price. I think we pay 70 bucks for our full coverage on our truck and another 10 bucks for our renters home policy.

Nice! Thanks! I'll give him a call!

Kracka
02-17-2010, 03:46 PM
You should be able to call the county clerk at the courthouse and they'll look up your violations.

LingLing
02-17-2010, 03:51 PM
You should be able to call the county clerk at the courthouse and they'll look up your violations.

Great, thanks for the info!

tpunx99GSX
02-17-2010, 06:16 PM
Sorry i was mistaken, His number is 651-334-6975. not 335

TjXiong
02-20-2010, 05:05 AM
I dont think you have to remember exactly. If you like what you see and want to go with whoever, the insuraance agent will pull it up when you are in to buy the policy. Thats what happen when I went in. GEICO.

96GST16g
02-20-2010, 07:25 AM
my insurance knew all my violations and iowa has a web site you can to on if you get them in iowa mn doesnt have this??

tpunx99GSX
02-20-2010, 08:45 AM
I dont think you have to remember exactly. If you like what you see and want to go with whoever, the insuraance agent will pull it up when you are in to buy the policy. Thats what happen when I went in. GEICO.

By the way. Major Violations stay on your record for 5 years, minors stay on your record for 3. DUIs stay on your record for 5 years but the insurance company cannot legally raise your insurance rates, they can only cancell your plan or not bring you on. Accidents are 3 years.
My brother works with about 30 companies including Geico and Progressive, but he can get better discounts than the normal joe through those companies.

mlomker
02-20-2010, 10:08 AM
I dont think you have to remember exactly.

Yup, you'd just end up with a worse price. They're asking just to give you an accurate online quote.

Independent agents are a great way to go. I should shop mine before my Progressive comes up for renewal.