PDA

View Full Version : Want To Inspect: EVO8/9 front strut

MustGoFaster
12-12-2009, 02:04 AM
Want To Inspect. A bit of an odd request but I would like to take a look at an EVO 8 or 9 front strut/shock. Stock would be best, I just want to take some measurements. I am for sure not willing to pay more than one beer for this. All I want to do is take some accurate measurements of the strut, and what it bolts to. Let me know if you have a strut I can borrow for a week or so to take ,measurements.

Kracka
12-12-2009, 09:01 AM
Scheides has a set laying in his garage, I'm sure he'd be more than willing to let you borrow them.

scheides
12-12-2009, 01:40 PM
Yup you can borrow them no probs, give me a txt or call, I'm in/out all weekend, or could prolly bring one with to a meet sometime. 651.236.0985

Matt D.
12-12-2009, 02:06 PM
I have my set of stock struts laying around as well. Scheides is probably closer to you though, I'll be around all weekend.

MustGoFaster
12-13-2009, 10:05 PM
I'm not looking to move on this ultra quick. Most of my reason behind this post is that I found JIC has a voluntary recall to get stronger versions of the lower strut mountings for both the EVO and 3S. I am trying to find some good suspention for my car, and having a hard time doing so. (The best I've found so far are KW V3's, but research never hurts) I'm hoping there's an odd chance the EVO struts are close enough that after market struts (maybe with some custom specs) will work on a 3S since there are tons of really good suspention options out there for EVO's.

Scheides, if you wouldn't mind bringing a front and rear to the next OC meet it would be easiest for me. I'm not in a huge hurry, so the next one we can both make it to will work just fine.

scheides
12-13-2009, 10:50 PM
Okee dokee, I'll stick a set in a bag/box and toss them in my trunk.

awd-drifter
12-13-2009, 11:26 PM
Hmm...what are you guys (Scheides and Matt D.) going to be doing with those stock struts? Don't want to go off topic but the front struts are bolt-ons for the galant with the addition to galant top hats. And I'm interested in getting some Evo suspension for the galant sometime next year.