PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Evolution VIII RS

Pages : [1] 2 3

CVD
12-09-2009, 10:16 AM
Well I finally bought an Evo. Actually I bought it about 2 weeks ago and I'm finally getting around to posting about it. I was really lazy about taking pictures of it.

It's a 2005 Evo RS with no options. This car is as stripped down as they came. I personally think they look funny without a wing, but I can't really complain because I'm not a fan of all the other bullshit.

I figured I'd post this in the project thread even though it's not technically a project right now. My current plans involve keeping the car stock for the foreseeable future.

goodhart
12-09-2009, 10:21 AM
Nice! How many miles? How much did you pay if you don't mind telling?

my next car has to be an Evo

CVD
12-09-2009, 10:24 AM
43k miles. I paid $19k for it, and it came with 2 sets of wheels and tires.

Kracka
12-09-2009, 10:25 AM
Damn, your future plans sound pretty crazy!

Did you get a sound system installed? How do you like it?

scheides
12-09-2009, 10:27 AM
Goddamn that's a steal! Nice dude!

fuel pump, test pipe, MBC and a tune if you wanna really keep it simple mod-wise. I'm excited for ya, another evo in the club! :D

CVD
12-09-2009, 10:28 AM
I got the head unit in. After that I messed with the speakers for a few hours before deciding I wasn't happy with how things were going. I may pay to have them installed just so I know they wont rattle.

Scheides, as far as mods go, I'm going to wait until autocross season and see how badly I want to keep the car in the stock class. If anything I want to wait until the clutch goes or the 60k service before I even do simple stuff. We'll see though.

goodhart
12-09-2009, 10:28 AM
wow thats a pretty damn good price!

mlomker
12-09-2009, 10:35 AM
Looks sharp! The RS gives you a nice clean sheet to start from.

At-Least-It's-An-Evo
12-09-2009, 11:45 AM
no wonder you had your 3kgt for sale... congrats, you will hate the car :)

FattyBoomBatty
12-09-2009, 11:54 AM
I need one of these, Emily and spaz do too, Andrew Hanson, Ryan and Kevin, then we can officially change the name to evostyle.com ;)

There are plenty of ways to make sure speakers don't rattle, you can use some sticky foam like weather stripping, or if you mean the speakers will make plastic rattle, you can put that same foam behind the plastic, or fill gaps with thin panels of wood or rigid plastic. Tons of ways. :)