PDA

View Full Version : Thank you!

Matt D.
10-01-2009, 02:55 PM
I had my car on the rollers yesterday and Shane took care of me. Got a good tune on the car regardless of low compression in one cylinder and finding out I don't have the cams I thought I did. When we found out the car wasn't making the power it should he was beyond willing to do a boost leak test, pull the valve cover to check the rockers and cams and do a compression test. He wanted to get to the root of the problem more than I did.

He went above and beyond and didn't charge me an exorbitant amount of money for helping me out. He wanted to help figure out the problem without emptying my bank account. Every shop needs to take lessons from these guys. Good customer service shouldn't cost extra.

Shane, you and DB Performance are a great asset to our community. Keep up the good work.

Kracka
10-01-2009, 03:09 PM
I fully agree with everything you said! Shane and DB is a class-act operation and has always been very reasonable with his rates rather than sitting there with a stopwatch ticking. Shane always seems to go above and beyond when helping his customers diagnose their issues.

4seasons69
10-01-2009, 04:09 PM
I completely agree with you too! when he tuned my car he reset my base timing and put new spark plugs in and only charged me for the plugs! great guys and a great shop

t-revzr
10-01-2009, 04:34 PM
I also agree. He had my valve cover off, compression test, etc. He went above and beyond to solve the issue. Great guy and very reasonable prices!

goodhart
10-01-2009, 09:33 PM
Shane and Danny rock!

munchgsx
10-02-2009, 11:00 AM
How much did you end up making? Whats up with the motor?

Matt D.
10-02-2009, 12:25 PM
How much did you end up making? Whats up with the motor?
http://mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?p=307910#post307910

Goat Blower
10-02-2009, 12:44 PM
I'll second this as well. I've been up there multiple times through the years and Shane has always gone above and beyond to get me tuned up. I suppose I'll have to get up there again this spring with a whole new set up once again. 16G powah yo!

TalonFiero
10-02-2009, 01:15 PM
Shane, Danny, Mara and crew (1QUICK4, C3L1CA) have always been helpful. Shane is thorough, he also takes the time to explain things and gives solid advice. He is a down to earth guy and is quite humble, not something you see from most folks in the "car world."

About his work, my Evo has 50,000+ miles running straight E85, 130+ dyno pulls over 350tq the last 15 or so making 430+hp/395tq on a stock block stock head bolt original headgasket evo IX MR. Car has gone 11.1 at 126mph and hopefully soon will be into the 10 second range. Not one issue with any of his tunes, I daily drive this car every day since June of 2006 year round. Without Shane's work this car would have been boring. :D

I have been a longtime customer of Shane's going back to the days at Elite Autosport (Mo's another good guy to work with!), seen a lot of shops run by good people, but Shane will always get my work because I TRUST his work and extensive performance auto knowledge.