PDA

View Full Version : wtb shep jacks or tre tranny stage 2 or above

bob123131
09-07-2009, 03:13 AM
Just what it says looking for a new tranny plan to save for one of winter to get it in the spring, but if i can find one a bit cheaper might pick it up now. Probably a long shot, but let me know for a 2g awd.

turbotalon1g
09-07-2009, 08:53 AM
Jacks is havig a sale on his econo trannies call and ask about it

bob123131
09-07-2009, 06:42 PM
i need more than the econo tranny need something that can hold 475whp. Thanks though

Halon
09-08-2009, 12:09 PM
Any of the shops "basic" rebuilds with the 4-spider upgrade will handle that. Just throwing that out there as an option that could save you money.

That's what I'm running. TRE basic build plus 4-spider. I think he calls it his stage 1.5

It's lasted me so far at 541awhp DD (628awhp DJ) levels.

So like Aaron said, give them a call and talk to them. Both shops I've talked to (TRE and Dogbox) have been extremely helpful and friendly on the phone. It's worth just calling and talking to them.

Good luck!!

Super Bleeder!!
09-08-2009, 01:38 PM
I love how some people think TRE, Shep, and Jack use magical super strong gears or something.

They dont, they use oem gears. If you pay a lot of money you'll get some evo3 oem gears.

bob123131
09-13-2009, 02:44 AM
I didn't name those three cause i believed they have some super power, its because if im shelling out 2k i would prefer to go with a reputable company. Now yes there are many other places that do great work, but i wasnt about to name all of them in my title especially when 90 percent of the dsm guys go with one of these three companies.

As far as going with the 1.5 im sure it would probably get the job done, but i want to know its sound and i would prefer not to have to upgrade if i go bigger soon. Thanks though halon good advice and on topic. Super bleeder if you want to complain do it in the shout box or something.

CVD
09-13-2009, 07:45 AM
I think super bleeder was referring to this:
i need more than the econo tranny need something that can hold 475whp. Thanks though

Point is, you really don't need more than that for 475whp. If you pay more, you can get more syncros and it will take more ABUSE. Not necessarily more POWER. 4 spider isn't a bad idea though.

TkrPerformance
09-13-2009, 10:55 AM
you could also look in to finding a evo 2 or evo 3 tranny you will just have to swap out the final drive and the evo2/3 tranny is was shep sells as a stage 3. also the evo trannys come stock with front lsd and center lsd and can be had for under 1200.00