PDA

View Full Version : i need someone with a cutter?

Pages : [1] 2

johnson
07-25-2009, 11:56 PM
i am gonna try to put in a front mount for my car to get er on the road? anybody got a good metal cutting tool of any sort i can use or help me out with? i always got good beer here? let me know if you can help out? im located on the east side of saint paul...

twack
07-26-2009, 12:50 AM
why not use a $5 hack saw

john
07-26-2009, 02:13 AM
^^^ May work depending on location. If you get real desperate, just drill a bunch of holes. Been a whild since I cut a front end apart but am pretty sure you can do most needed areas with a $10 tin snip. I am assuming you may be cutting for short route piping. Grinder also works well. Shouldn't need to do a ton of cutting.

tehehodi
07-26-2009, 04:02 AM
dremel? i used that to cut the sheet metal in my trunk to get rid of my spare tire well...otherwise i could get an angle grinder, but i'd have to drive to far.

turboimports
07-26-2009, 08:05 AM
I have a 3 1/5" wheel cutter. Currently has one new disc for metal on there. If you're willing to provide a couple new discs, I can currently come help you out next weekend. Or you can give me $5, so I can buy new discs for future use. :P
I may probably pick up a metal grinder by that time too. I'm trying to get a whole new set of tools for home so I don't have to keep bringing them from work.
Sometimes I forget to bring them to work and it kills my labor time at work.

Call me up!

xveganxcowboyx
07-26-2009, 11:26 AM
Sawzall. It's the only way to cut for that piping. If you want to pick up a metal cutting blade I could help out. Most of mine are toast.

johnson
07-26-2009, 11:37 AM
i have an air cutoff tool but compressor is too small... and my sawzall is a pice of shit right now... i was hopin for oxyace or somethin, plasma? i might just have to go the longroute then....

and its a lot more cutting then yall think?

viridionplague
07-26-2009, 02:42 PM
all i used when i did my front mount was a sawzall, maybe used to for less than 2 minutes to get what i needed done on the car

john
07-26-2009, 11:19 PM
I have probably cut apart 5 cars or so for FMIC kits and none probably took longer than 20 mins. There isn't a whole lot going on up there and a plasma cutter is quite expensive for us at home mechanics.

Have you taken it apart yet? There isn't a whole lot up there. You can route the piping right around the radiator with a little cutting or route it through the stock hole (probably have to cut it bigger).

johnson
07-27-2009, 01:47 PM
okay this is what im workin with?

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/16/l_c23454aa3259431bae5fab454c54c0c2.jpg