PDA

View Full Version : More Bad Luck With Brakes!

jd1828
03-29-2004, 12:24 AM
this happened almost two weeks ago. i picked up some new front brake pads and stopped at my mom's to put them on. well i busted off the bolt that holds the calipers on. not the long bolts that they slide on but the little one that actually hold them on. i started out really easy on it so that i wouldnt bust it off. started out with the impact gun, which ive used to take off the big crank bolt before. i didnt get anything out of that. so i moved up the the big ass 2ft ratchet. i tried my best to get it loose with out busting it but that didnt happen. all this even after i had soaked the bolts with pb blaster a few days earlier. do how the hell do i get the busted bolt out? if i couldnt get the bolt itself out with the impact or ratchet is there any chance i can do it with an easyout or something like that? either that or it just going to archers this week so they can do it. stupid rusty MN cars!

unreal808
03-29-2004, 09:03 AM
You should of used a torch, once you found that the liquid was not working heat is the next thing. any way you will have to get a different spindel. good luck I've been there.

unreal808
03-29-2004, 09:27 AM
I mean a bracket not spindel.

jd1828
03-29-2004, 02:22 PM
are you talking about the bracket for the caliper? so i should just use a torch to cut of the bracket.

Iceman
03-29-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by jd1828@Mar 29 2004, 02:22 PM
are you talking about the bracket for the caliper? so i should just use a torch to cut of the bracket.
HEHE no don't cut it! Heat it up.

A//// Guy
03-29-2004, 04:14 PM
I wouldnt waste your time trying to get the peice you broke off out. Get a new caliper bracket and new bolt.

jd1828
03-29-2004, 04:35 PM
the bolt busted off inside the bracket and is still screwed into whatever the bolt goes into. so unless i get the bolt out or cut the bracket off, i dont think there is anyway of getting the calipers off. they are still held on the car by whats left of the busted bolt and the other bracket bolt. its kind of hard to explain.