Registration 9:30AM-11:00AM
Tech 9:45AM-11:15AM
Course walk 10:30AM-11:20AM
Driver's meeting 11:30AM

Entry Fee:
SCCA Members - $25.00
Non-Members* - $30.00
Spectators - Always Free!!
*Non-members can always join at the event.

Scoring:
Event scoring shall be based on the accumulation of the best score of
each run set. In the event of a single run set, that score will be
counted toward the total. Drivers are only allowed to enter once per
event.

Classes:
Open Prepared, Open Stock, Group5 Prepared, Group5 Stock, Group2
Prepared, and Group2 Stock. Points will be awarded to SCCA members
for the 2004 LOL RallyCross Championship.

Directions:
From Minneapolis/St. Paul:
Take US Hwy 10 East to Arkansaw.
Turn right on County Road "N".
Follow "N" approximately 3 1/2 miles.
Turn right on County Road "SS".
At the top of the hill take County Road "D" to the left.
The track is approximately 3/4 mile on "D".
There are "MX" signs on Highway 10 and at each turn.

From Eau Claire:
Take US Hwy 85 South to Durand.
Follow Hwy 10 West to Arkansaw.
Turn left on County Road "N".
Follow "N" approximately 3 1/2 miles.
Turn right on County Road "SS".
At the top of the hill take County Road "D" to the left.
The track is approximately 3/4 mile on "D".
There are "MX" signs on Highway 10 and at each turn.

BUCKY
03-24-2004, 11:52 PM
What class will I be in

MATCHBX
03-25-2004, 07:00 AM
Dpends what car you're driving. If it's AWD turbo you will be in open stock (which is my class). If you are running a front wheel you will be in either group2 or group5 (depending on displacement and whether or not you are turbo'd). If you put rally tires on your vehicle, your class will be bumped up to prepared (i.e. open prepared or group2 prepared or group5 prepared). There is a website that lists them all but I don't remember where it is.

As long as your car passes tech inspection (no massive fluid leaks, wheel bearings and ball joints are ok, at least regular seat belts, non sticky throttle, etc.) and you have a helmet with a Snell rating of 85 or better, you can race. If you don't have a helmet, there are always loaner ones there. I will have my extra one there as well.

BUCKY
03-25-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by awd1dr@Mar 25 2004, 07:00 AM
Dpends what car you're driving. If it's AWD turbo you will be in open stock (which is my class). If you are running a front wheel you will be in either group2 or group5 (depending on displacement and whether or not you are turbo'd). If you put rally tires on your vehicle, your class will be bumped up to prepared (i.e. open prepared or group2 prepared or group5 prepared). There is a website that lists them all but I don't remember where it is.

As long as your car passes tech inspection (no massive fluid leaks, wheel bearings and ball joints are ok, at least regular seat belts, non sticky throttle, etc.) and you have a helmet with a Snell rating of 85 or better, you can race. If you don't have a helmet, there are always loaner ones there. I will have my extra one there as well.
Cool looks like I'll be in open stock. I only have the classic DSM small leaks and I have lots of helmets. I can't wait.

rhino
03-25-2004, 07:41 PM
too far of a drive to go around cones for me.

MATCHBX
03-25-2004, 09:32 PM
It isn't that far. It's only an hour and a half. It's like driving to St. Cloud from St. Paul. Of course, you don't want to pop that axle out again.... ;)

rhino
03-26-2004, 05:41 PM
i have two new axles and the motor mounts are all poly-inserted now- the honda is ready for another beating.

i've been to that place twice, and imo-it's too small and tight, so i boycott those events. i'll go up to carlos avery and piss off the wildlife that day if i feel like driving.

MATCHBX
03-27-2004, 01:49 AM
I kinda tend to like Arkansaw. It was the site of the first rallycross last year. I also worked the rally sprints there a few years ago. It's not very small at all. I think it's perfect considering how easy it is to see the course and where it goes.

In contrast, it's about almost twice as long as rochesters track. and a little wider. Do what you want but I am going. And from the sounds of it at the membership meeting tonite, there are many more that are interested in coming out and doing this. So the classes may be getting bigger. If you're in the hunt for championship points, you can't afford to have a no show event that you could've placed well in.

Matt D.
03-27-2004, 03:59 AM
If I had a car to drive in the event and I didn't have to work at 5pm I'd be all over this.

MATCHBX
03-27-2004, 09:33 AM
Why not bring the Grand Prix?????? ANY car can compete.