PDA

View Full Version : Check your Tires.

Pages : [1] 2

tpunx99GSX
11-19-2008, 06:18 PM
Not sure if this has been posted before but i saw this on the link forums.
http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=4826897
I checked my tires and they were 1708 (17th week of 2008). THANKS TIRERACK! :)

cmspaz
11-19-2008, 06:19 PM
Old news, at least for me.

gstjoker
11-19-2008, 07:00 PM
New news for the newby here. I'm shocked!!! :madashell:

awd-drifter
11-19-2008, 07:14 PM
old news. so many bitched at me at Sam's Club tires about this, it was crazy. though i never seen this news on it. hahah...just gotta be careful driving, most (99.98%) of the drivers on the road have no fucking clue what they are driving or what they are doing at that speed. they are literally asking for it if they dont care of it.

xveganxcowboyx
11-19-2008, 07:29 PM
Oooooo, I wonder if it was dangerous to take my enduro to max speed on 94 with the factory original 1977 tires. Good times.

awd-drifter
11-19-2008, 07:36 PM
i could go on and on about how many shit cars i've worked on...like literally, there are alot of shit cars that are on the road that scares me if they turn the car on. for real though, why did American automakers make shit cars in the throughout the late 80s-mid90s? im talking about 2 ton sedans that get truck mpgs...argh...too much pressure in head, i needed to BOV my thoughts thats all. :)

b00stcreep21
11-19-2008, 08:57 PM
Deffinatley old news. I'll agree that there's scarier things on the road than old tires from some of the shit that I've worked on and seen in the past

polishmafia
11-19-2008, 10:04 PM
*sigh*

"Most codes are written on the inside on the fire, meaning you have to crawl under the car with a flashlight..."

"The code is cryptic..."

Scare the masses!

Anyway, the production code differs from manufactures. Some list them as the week (1508 - fifthteen week of 2008), while others list the production run (5508 - 55th run of 2008). And now people will be freaking out because tire manufacturers think there are 55 weeks a year.

Ugh I feel a small rant coming on...

In the shop I work at, we have pamphets and flyers that discuss "Basic Car Care" and "Understanding Tires" that have this information CLEARLY laid out - including tire size, tread wear and speed indicators - but no one ever touches them. Read! Learn! Inform yourself! Its not that difficult to figure this out on your own.

99% of people that own cars only care about one thing - that their car starts when they turn it on. Its SO EASY to inform yourself about small things... Checking your oil level, checking your tire pressure... That would save people so much time and money. This is just one of those things.

I'll end with what I usually tend to get when I ask some one how long their check engine light has been on for.

"I dunno. A long time."

Goddammit!

/rant

Febo
11-19-2008, 10:51 PM
"tires can be dangerous when they get 6 years old"

"I found out the tire was 4 years old when i put it on"

"the family vans tire was 9 years old at the time of the accident"

He didnt change effing tires for 5 effin years and he wants to blame the tire people for his kid dying? How about he check his own effin tires once a year instead of just assuming they were good for 5 years. What a effin moron.

awd-drifter
11-19-2008, 11:20 PM
i know what PolishMafia means...its crazy how stupid people are. they just need to LISTEN and DO. things they did back in elementary school.