PDA

View Full Version : Longshot: Nissan B13 SE-R

CarRacer
10-11-2008, 10:20 PM
Looking for a new to me Nissan Sentra SE-R B13 to serve DD duties.

I'm tired of my VW hatchback and want to put some money away for a house downpayment.

I know it's not a Mitsu, but car enthusiasts tend to know about other cars. Let me know if there's any around. Thanks in advance.

Evo Kevin
10-12-2008, 12:42 PM
I had a 91 SE-R w/ a Neo VVL swap, what a blast it was! Good luck finding one.

1QUICK4
10-12-2008, 05:18 PM
Did you check MNnissan?

hippiekiller
10-12-2008, 07:38 PM
There is one on mnsc for 750, has hail damage. Other than that though it looks alright. Needs a few things from the sounds of it too.

CarRacer
10-12-2008, 09:59 PM
I didn't see a marketplace section on mnsportcompact. Can you post a link?

Also, that mnnissan site seemed really dead. Most of the newest posts were a week old and dropped off fast from there.

Kracka
10-12-2008, 10:05 PM
http://www.mnsportcompacts.net/forum/showthread.php?t=76316

xveganxcowboyx
10-12-2008, 10:10 PM
I believe the classifieds are hidden if you're under 50 posts.

john
10-12-2008, 10:19 PM
I believe the classifieds are hidden if you're under 50 posts.

Must be hidden, I am not a member and cannot see Kracka's link.

CarRacer
10-12-2008, 10:28 PM
For sure. TKR posted his number in the chatbox, so I'll give him a shout.

hippiekiller
10-12-2008, 10:52 PM
I've got a 92 Sentra Se-r for sale
SR20DE FWD, 5speed manual, NO 5th gear pop-out

2nd USDM motor in vehicle currently, also replaced 5speed tranny during original build of the car.
Engine runs very well when jump started. Vehicle needs a new battery and more than likely a new negative battery cable. Also needs a new brake master cylinder. Needs new struts.

Vehicle is not in daily driver condition currenly. She took serious damage during the hail storm on Memorial Day 2008 and was set aside as a future project. I've just decided to let her go.

Typical sentra rust was decently repaired 2 years ago and she was painted black with blue pearl. Paint is NOT in good condition.

GOOD STUFF:
Motor runs well
Has a gorgeous Last Generation SSAC exhaust header considered to be the best mass produced header for the FWD SR20 engine.
New rear glass
7500 rpm redline, pulls very hard to redline, very fun car when driving well
Viscous LSD from the factory, limited slip still functioning
Decent Yokohama AVS ES100s on vehicle

Vehicle also comes with stock wheels painted charcoal, in very good condition, with dunlop snow tires that only have one season on them.
I am willing to sell the stock wheels with snow tires seperately, $100

I'm looking to get $750 for this car
I'll be sad to see her go

I may consider trades as well, 98-01 2.5RS parts, Fishing equipment, throw ideas at me

I plan to put current condition pics up tomorrow

Jordan

I suppose I didn't relate that the other problems I listed add to her lack of daily driveability. Needs a new brake master and struts. Due to crummy battery and negative cable, it dies when you pull the jumpers off. Easy fix though

And the hail damage is REALLY bad. Seriously

some pics from tonight. I want this thing gone! Somebody needs a good running FWD SR20 with a perfect tranny!
These trannys are very tough to come by without 5th gear popout. I havent seen one of these trannys for sale for less than 5-600 bucks for a few years.
With new shocks, a new battery and the new master cylinder installed she is a really fun little car, despite the body damage.

Sorry, I could have posted that for you sooner.