PDA

View Full Version : Dead Clutch?

Pages : [1] 2

TsiEagleTalon92
09-17-2008, 09:54 PM
I thought that my master cylinder was shot so I replaced it to no prevail. The slave is pretty much new and is working just fine.

My problem is, is that when I have the clutch peddle all the way to the floor when you are in any gear say 1st or reverse, the car wants to creep in that direction. I have an idea that my pressure plate has gone bad? or I have a bad clutch fork, maybe broken? Maybe it's something else that I am missing. Another thing is, if you medium paced push the peddle down to the floor I get this creeping sounds like you would get closing a door or walking on a wooden floor coming from where the fork is or maybe its inside my tranny.

Can you guys shed some light on this little dilemma that is leaving me 2 cars in the whole now leaving me without transpotation.

JET
09-17-2008, 10:03 PM
It is likely a bad clutch disk. I bet you find some broken springs when you pull the tranny off.

Spyderturbo007
09-22-2008, 09:24 AM
If it's moving with the clutch on the floor, the clutch isn't getting off the flywheel properly. It could be a clutch problem, but I would look at the master cylinder adjustment rod first. This (http://www.roadraceengineering.com/clutchandflywheeltech.htm) will show you the proper way to adjust the master cylinder. Scroll down about 3/4 of the way down the page, until you see "Clutch Adjustment" and follow the directions.

I would also make sure there isn't any air in the lines and give her another good bleed. As for the noise, are you sure it isn't coming from the pedal assembly? The clutch pedal return spring in the spyder makes some creaking noises when it's in a bad mood sometimes. Typically, a little WD-40 on the spring quiets things down for awhile.

TsiEagleTalon92
09-23-2008, 04:46 PM
The adjustment rod is set correctl just the way it used to be. I made a marking to make sure it went back in the correct place. It has the exact same feeling like it used to with the old master.

When I bled it the first time I let it bleed for almost an entire quart can of fluid and made sure that it didn't have any bubbles coming out.

If it comes down to being a clutch then I'm going to wait until next year and try for a southbend since I have heard good things. The only thing I don't want is to lose the heavy pedal feel that the 2600 brings.

TsiEagleTalon92
09-29-2008, 12:21 AM
So Upon Doing research I found Some Southbend clutches and they have one called the DXD Series SS which I hope would Be A really good choice since I am still looking for the heavy pressure plate. Or I would go with the ACT 2900.

Maybe to try something different I would maybe go with the southbend.

JET
09-29-2008, 12:34 AM
Quite a few on here have used the Southbend's. LSE really liked them and sold quite a few. Do a little research and you will find some info about them on here.

TsiEagleTalon92
09-29-2008, 12:40 AM
my n/a eclipse needs one as well soon and there is a rally series which is their lowest series which instead of stock go with that. I might be what you would call a clutch rider once and a while. I cant get the release right sometimes and tend to ride a little to long.

TsiEagleTalon92
09-29-2008, 12:55 AM
Ok Case Closed Goin Southbend Thanks Jet I keep forgetting You Can search instead of posting the same thing again.

dragonforce
09-29-2008, 01:19 AM
make sure your clutch pedal doesn't have play in it. i've welded many 1g clutch pedal assemblies.

TsiEagleTalon92
09-29-2008, 03:40 PM
It's Still Solid.