PDA

View Full Version : GT 3000 VR-4 tuning?

Andrew7dg
09-15-2008, 06:33 PM
So I know DSMs have DSMlink. What to the GT 3000 use for engine management systems?

Do they have Eproms to chip at all?

EclipseGST
09-15-2008, 08:36 PM
Aem Ems... :D

MustGoFaster
09-15-2008, 09:42 PM
There are NO EPROM ecu's for our cars. There are a couple places that do ECU mods, but they are spendy and non customizable. They involve removing the stock processor and tieing in two EPROM's with a secondary circuit board. The cheap mod is to change the crystal that controls the clock speed. This bumps up the rev limiter cause the ECU THINKS the engine is going slower.

EVO scan works on 99's and possibly 98's. But with the limited market ( just over 500 cars) no one has tried much with them. 98 and 99 are different from each other and pre 97 cars.

Piggy backs are popular, but you need to run the smallest injectors that will meet your goals, anything bigger and they tend to end up with too much timing. Emanage, Emanage Ultimate and the ARC2 tend to be the most common.

AEM EMS is plug and play for 91-97 cars. People have made adapter harnesses for the 98/99 cars. Seems to be really hit and miss for people. Some people just can't figure them out. Operator error.

P.S. FYI it's 3000GT, or 3S for short (3000GT/Stealth)

scheides
09-15-2008, 10:16 PM
Yup yup, AEM or bust. Sucks but it works awesome on those cars.

Buy an evo instead and get free tuning tools and make just as much power :D

sleepydsm
09-16-2008, 02:31 AM
evo shmevo

Andrew7dg
09-16-2008, 04:18 PM
Sorry about the mix up on 3000GT/3S

for the computer I thought there would be something more then that.

However AEM EMS is a good system

I deal with mostly DSMs but someone wants me to help them get their car running and he is using a SAFC II. For the ease of trying to make that thing work I thought it would be better to have it chipped if possible... but that won't work...

He changed his injectors from stock to 550cc I think. Is that going to be too much for an SAFC?

Shane@DBPerformance
09-16-2008, 05:04 PM
Some people run 550s with an SAFC, I wouldn't run over 450s with one though. 3S's run too much timing past 5500 RPMs at higher boost on pump gas and are pron to knock. With bigger injectors than you need, you need to go farther negative on the SAFC, which has the side effect of making it run more ignition timing.

The MAFT Pro can retard ignition timing on those cars and tune fuel or the E-Manage systems are popular options. An AEM FIC might work also, but the built in MAP sensor on that box is only good to 22psi(can be upgraded though).

MustGoFaster
09-16-2008, 10:15 PM
550's is going to be pushing your luck. Maybe, maybe not. If you can get the power level up to a good point you can get away with them. But normaly the cars don't have enough intercooler to keep charge temps down at higher boost on bigger turbo's.

My car with the crappy turbo's (maybe it was mostly the turbo's fault?
) and stock ic's was hitting 165 F charge temps at 18 PSI on a 40-45 degree day. Craptastic.