PDA

View Full Version : Turbo coolant lines

95talonracer
08-28-2008, 07:29 AM
I am switching to a ball bearing center section on my pte scm6152 and I just eliminated all of the coolant lines to cool the turbo this spring and now have to switch back. Where is the best spot to get the feed and return lines from? I have a non turbo waterpipe so I might have to switch back to a turbo waterpipe. Does the 90 turbo waterpipe only have the outlet for the turbo coolant and not the one that goes to the oil filter housing? I also attached a photo of my t stat housing. does any of the spots where it is blocked off work best for supply or return? I am going to run AN lines and fittings. What size AN should be used too?
http://www.mitsustyle.com/photopost/data/500/medium/DSCN0430.JPG

turbotalon1g
08-28-2008, 04:27 PM
I believe its the bottom plug that you would use, also it might be easier to find a turbo water pipe again.

Kevin 1G Drummer
08-28-2008, 06:45 PM
I would suggest using a turbo water pipe. And yes, the pipe from a 90 turbo does not have the line that would go to the oil filter housing.

95talonracer
08-28-2008, 11:30 PM
Ok so should I use -6 AN i am thinking? Also how do I find out the thread size for the turbo coolant hard pipe? Also the thread size of a pte 6152e BB center section coolant inlet and outlet??