PDA

View Full Version : Dsmlink

Pages : [1] 2

remy
03-09-2004, 12:50 PM
Since DSMLink is like $600+Eprom ECU me and another guy are wondering if it is possible to get two Eprom's and have them both socketed, and split the cost. Is there anywhere to get another DSMLink chip. Just wondering if it is possible to buy it and share in two cars.

SlowWhite
03-09-2004, 01:19 PM
Nope.

But I could be wrong Email dsmlink and ask them. They might give a discount of basically not having to make a cable for you. But the price difference will probably be neglegable.

-brian

john
03-09-2004, 03:48 PM
On their site it says you can mess up a chip installing it. You could just say you messed the other up and order another from them.

Jakey
03-09-2004, 05:43 PM
.....or personally I would consider it to be morally wrong to basically rip them off since they're not exactly a huge corporation :angry:

Shane@DBPerformance
03-09-2004, 06:07 PM
Just buy your own and quit trying to rip Tom and Dave off.

remy
03-09-2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Jakey@Mar 9 2004, 05:43 PM
.....or personally I would consider it to be morally wrong to basically rip them off since they're not exactly a huge corporation  :angry:
But ripping off a "huge corporation" is ok? I personally think stealing is stealing. And wouldn't consider this that. Monopolies are BAD.

Jakey
03-09-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by remy+Mar 9 2004, 06:43 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (remy @ Mar 9 2004, 06:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Jakey@Mar 9 2004, 05:43 PM
.....or personally I would consider it to be morally wrong to basically rip them off since they're not exactly a huge corporation&nbsp; :angry:
But ripping off a "huge corporation" is ok? I personally think stealing is stealing. And wouldn't consider this that. Monopolies are BAD. [/b][/quote]
I am not going to argue with you because this is not the place to have a debate about what is and what is not ethical.

....but my $0.02 about your initial question is exactly what Shane said, buy your own....

AJ
03-09-2004, 07:20 PM
I agree with Shane. Tom and Dave do ot operate a huge corportation. They provide a service that has taken alot of time to develope and have earned everything they get. I have to agree and say each person should do the right thing morally and buy your own.

1ViciousGSX
03-09-2004, 08:42 PM
I don't know if you have ever used it before or not, but it's well worth the $$$. Those guys have spent alot of time and $$$ putting together the next best thing to a full stand alone system. And their support is first class. Any question I have ever asked was answered quickly with more info returned than was expected. You don't get that very often these days.

Just buy it.

At-Least-It's-An-Evo
03-09-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by DSMStyle@Mar 9 2004, 07:20 PM
I agree with Shane. Tom and Dave do ot operate a huge corportation. They provide a service that has taken alot of time to develope and have earned everything they get. I have to agree and say each person should do the right thing morally and buy your own.
:beer: :cheers: