PDA

View Full Version : Need Help! Acceleration Hesitation.

eweppler
07-11-2008, 09:55 PM
I have a 92 talon tsi awd and i am experiencing some engine hesitation upon acceleration. My first thought was that the transmission is going out but i have taken it to a couple of places and they tell me that the tranny is fine. Then i noticed that i have a boost leak somewhere. Every once in a while when i come to a complete stop the car will die on me as well. Could this be caused by the boost leak.

I looked at my hosing and i noticed that my air intake hose between the air filter and the turbo is broken where the bypass hose connects to it. Will this problem cause anything, I was told to possibly just block that off and let the bov dump into the air.

EclipseGST
07-11-2008, 10:19 PM
Replace it... Dont block it off. Test for boost leaks again.

eweppler
07-12-2008, 12:15 AM
should i go with a stock or aftermarket one. Not planning on spending too much on it.

eweppler
07-12-2008, 09:03 AM
Here are some pictures of the problem i have come across. The bypass hose is just sitting loose in the air intake hose.

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/e...alon%20engine/

EclipseGST
07-12-2008, 12:36 PM
Replace it with stock if you are on a budget.

Linky no worky...

Copy and paste the link from photobucket again.

niterydr
07-12-2008, 02:59 PM
x3 On to just replace the CBV tube. Sounds like you have a vented bov to atmosphere and the vehicle doesn't like the unmetered air going into the atmosphere (let alone the air leak behind the MAS sensor).