PDA

View Full Version : Polar Mazda BAD!!!!

Pages : [1] 2

tnm27
05-09-2008, 03:57 PM
I wasn't too sure where to put this thread, but if any admin. wants to move this to a different topic, than go ahead. :) but I couldn't help but share this with the club so no one makes the same mistake I made.

This is about Polar Mazda, the one located in White bear Lake, off of Hwy 61.

anyways here it goes.

Last week I purchased a brand new 2008 Mazda 3, since I have a kid on the way in June, I wanted a family car, and the M3 was perfect in my eyes.

I purchased it for $23000.00 Total, after taxes, warranty, etc. with a rate of 4.9% and my monthly payments were to be $396.00 a month. Something I can afford.

Today....I get a call from the dealership saying something that the finance office screwed up on my papers, and "accidently" submitted a higher income than what I orginially put. After Mazda Finance confirmed that what the dealer had submitted and what I had put on my application was two totally different incomes, I was no longer approved for the same rate as what I was told when I drove off the lot. Since my three day free return is over, they would like me to come up with $1500.00 down ASAP.

I asked the salesman why they were messing around with my income and my papers that I signed and he couldn't answer me. All he came up with was excuses. ONE AFTER ANOTHER, saying that it was an "accident" and that the guy who did my papers were "playing" around with the numbers to see what I could get approved for.

I told him that when I drove off the lot with the car, 4.9% was the rate I got with no money down, and I even signed off on the papers. So why should I be paying the $1500 when they messed up. He kept telling me to look at the long run, cause my rate would stay the same and my monthly payments would lower to $369. Nothing he said had anything to do with how they can help me. Every single thing he said was to just try to get me to bring the $1500 in. I have the money, but no way in hell am I going o give my money to a bunch of crooked salesmen.

If I didn't pay, my rate would jump up to 10% even 12%, and my monthly payments would jump to well over $500. If you know cars, than you know at this rate, with this much money, every percent matters cause that's every penny that's coming out of your pockets that shouldn't have to.

my questions to anyone who's gone through this
or any dealers with experience under there belt in here is..

What can I do? is there anything I can do that doesn't involve money in the bank for the stupid dealershop?

What are options to help pay off the $1500 if all else fails?

has anyone experienced this at this specfic Mazda?

All in all, I couldn't be "professional" anymore, I kept my cool, and all they kept insisting was that I should pay if off, so in the long run I would have a better monthly payment. I told him they cheated me off, thinking I had one thing but really it was another, and I told them to not look foward to me using there service shop for anything, except for what ever the warranty covers. I told the salesman to call me back with a better revised plan, that doesn't invovle them making fast money off of me.

I wouldn't refer anyone to Polar Mazda, there are plenty of other Mazdas out there so if your thinking about a new Mazda soon, DON'T GO THERE! those damn crooks!

Kracka
05-09-2008, 04:03 PM
They screwed up; plain and simple. If you signed the papers and they changed numbers after you did so what they did is very illegal. Do you have a copy of the original paper you signed? That is all you need. If so, you don't have to pay the $1500 and you can keep the 4.9% rate. If they continue to insist tell them you'd rather just bring the car back and purchase elsewere.

Did you get the Speed 3? $23k seems like a lot for a 3...even if it is fully loaded. If you end up taking the car back check out Brookdale Luther Mazda Mitsubishi (board sponsor); they are pretty good when it comes to Mazda sales (my roommate purchased a new '07 3 from them for $16k).

tnm27
05-09-2008, 04:11 PM
yes, I do have the loan papers, I have everything I've signed off on, even for the 4.9% rate with no money down saying I was approved. the dumb thing is that on the loan paper I have my orginal income, but I guess in the "system" when they filed my papers, they put down $500 - $600 more than what I make. (the salesman didn't tell me the specifics) but he said it was in that range.

I didn't purchase the Mazda speed, I got the i-touring I believe. I am looking to return the car in full, and thinking about going to do my business with Brookdale, since my wife loves the car.

They screwed up; plain and simple. If you signed the papers and they changed numbers after you did so what they did is very illegal. Do you have a copy of the original paper you signed? That is all you need. If so, you don't have to pay the $1500 and you can keep the 4.9% rate. If they continue to insist tell them you'd rather just bring the car back and purchase elsewere.

Did you get the Speed 3? $23k seems like a lot for a 3...even if it is fully loaded. If you end up taking the car back check out Brookdale Luther Mazda Mitsubishi (board sponsor); they are pretty good when it comes to Mazda sales (my roommate purchased a new '07 3 from them for $16k).

1QUICK4
05-09-2008, 04:17 PM
Metro Mitsu actually fired a friend of mine who was the finance manager because he wouldn't massage the paperwork to get deals done. He knew if he got caught it would be his ass so he refused and got canned.

As Kracka said, what they did is illegal and if you have your paperwork you should return the car immediatly or threaten to report it to the BBB.

Unfortunatly it is an all to common thing for dealers to do illegal shit like this.

On another note, If you go in for a test drive DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR ID.
They will tell you they need to get a copy of it in case you never return with the car but that is bullshit. What they are doing 99% of the time is illegally running a credit check with your info while you are out driving. Which can hurt your credit score if you decide not purchase from them

SLOW_V
05-10-2008, 04:57 AM
Unfortunatly it is an all to common thing for dealers to do illegal shit like this.

On another note, If you go in for a test drive DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR ID.
They will tell you they need to get a copy of it in case you never return with the car but that is bullshit. What they are doing 99% of the time is illegally running a credit check with your info while you are out driving. Which can hurt your credit score if you decide not purchase from them

I'm dumb, tell me how a dealer run a credit check from your license. I don't know how much an urban legend this is but please enlighten me. I'm thinking they like to keep track of how many dumbass like me to go test drive their cars for the hell of it and for sales lead.

As for the guy with finance troubles. Just return the car and if needed pay them miles for crappie service to end the deal.
As with my experience, dealers will play with numbers in attempt to get you what you want. Other then doing stupid things like using someone's credit score/SSI. I don't care what they do to get me where i want to make the deal without over promising. Meaning, I know realisticly, I can't get a 25k car with nothing down for 350/month on 5yr note with so-so credit. The math simply doesn't work.

tnm27
05-10-2008, 02:42 PM
that's true, the other thing was that it was all shown to me before hand how much i would be paying and so on, the payments weren't too much, but the warranty jumped it a little, besides that, I think i had everything to make it happen except the income, my credit score was approved for the credit, but I don't get it when my income doesn't??? what does that have do with the 4.9%???

I'm dumb, tell me how a dealer run a credit check from your license. I don't know how much an urban legend this is but please enlighten me. I'm thinking they like to keep track of how many dumbass like me to go test drive their cars for the hell of it and for sales lead.

As for the guy with finance troubles. Just return the car and if needed pay them miles for crappie service to end the deal.
As with my experience, dealers will play with numbers in attempt to get you what you want. Other then doing stupid things like using someone's credit score/SSI. I don't care what they do to get me where i want to make the deal without over promising. Meaning, I know realisticly, I can't get a 25k car with nothing down for 350/month on 5yr note with so-so credit. The math simply doesn't work.

TSI2GSX
05-10-2008, 06:41 PM
Hey I gotta step in on the comment about the license thing. I sell cars and i need lic. and insurance. Its a safety thing and covers my ass. Theres no way for me to check credit from a drivers lic. Also it makes writing a car deal up easier and I have all the info in front of me. Not every salesman is a crook but to the OP, there fucking with you. Hope everything turns out good.

SLOW_V
05-10-2008, 07:00 PM
I don't get it when my income doesn't??? what does that have do with the 4.9%???

You can have good credit score but if you income (lower) or debt to income ratio is too high. That will play a major role on where your credit apr% will be. It is called the art of underwriting a loan under fair credit lending BS....

tnm27
05-12-2008, 08:51 AM
I know not every car salesman in a crook, but this guy. It seemed like he knew what was going on the whole time, I'm pretty sure of it.

He hasn't offered me anything I haven't heard yet, or at least that I like. I am planning to call him back to talk about refunding the car today, hope all goes well.

by the way this is what he told me what happene; "the guy who did your loan papers, accidently mistaken your $ (dollar sign) for a 4." Funny thing was that I put my monthly income, not my Annual income, so it doesn't really make any sense, a 4 from a $. come on....

Hey I gotta step in on the comment about the license thing. I sell cars and i need lic. and insurance. Its a safety thing and covers my ass. Theres no way for me to check credit from a drivers lic. Also it makes writing a car deal up easier and I have all the info in front of me. Not every salesman is a crook but to the OP, there fucking with you. Hope everything turns out good.

1QUICK4
05-12-2008, 09:18 AM
Hey I gotta step in on the comment about the license thing. I sell cars and i need lic. and insurance.

I just know what I've seen done at previouse stealerships I've worked at.

I can take a test drive without handing over lic. & insurance. Just have to take the salesman with.