PDA

View Full Version : I Need A New Job!

Pages : [1] 2

blageo23
04-30-2008, 09:07 PM
My work is pissing me off! I hate it. Ive been there for 6 years and they treat me like worse then the people that just started!
So I need a new job. Anyone have any Ideas? I when to school for auto but I dont know if I want to do that anymore. If I did work on cars I would want to work with more performance cars not grandmas buick!
I have searched a bit and cant find anything close to my house(Shoreview). This is kinda just a vent thread but if anyone knows of any place let me know!

DSM_421
04-30-2008, 09:19 PM
Are you trying to be paid by salary, commision, or hourly? Also how much money are you looking to make roughly per hour?

I have a few things in mind depending on what kind of salary you are trying to make.

BLaCk_1cE
04-30-2008, 09:22 PM
Yeah man I am looking for a job as well, well mainly just for summer. Davanni's is getting old, I can only make so many pizzas before I just wanna die.

blageo23
04-30-2008, 09:34 PM
I get paid $10.30/hr right now. Im looking for something $14+/hr. Benifits would be nice too.
The thing is, Im getting a raise on this check and I will deside on weather I stay or go. Because NEW people get paid the same as I do. Thats pure BS!

DSM_421
04-30-2008, 09:56 PM
You should try Burnsville Napa, they will start you out at like 9 bucks an hour maybe more since you seem to be knowledgable about cars.

Then you take a safety course test and get a 50 cent raise. Right after that you can take your first lap test which is a dollar raise. So right there you are at 10.50 minimium for a decently easy job.

Those "test" are super easy and are common sense basically. After that you can take a lap test every few months and get a 35 cent raise until you are done with your laps. There are 4-6 laps, can't remember for sure.

Plus if you are ASE certified, which I'm sure you are or could be, you start out at like 13 bucks an hour and still get all those raises from the lap test you take.

So realistically you could be right around 15 bucks an hour after the first few months of working there. I know they are going to be needing people here very soon if not now and maybe even a full timer. If you went full time you would get benefits.

If you consider this just PM me, I can basically get you the job no questions asked if they are looking.

DSM_421
04-30-2008, 09:58 PM
Crap, I don't know how far that is away from Shoreview, just remembered that is where you are located.

But if it was only a half hour drive I would def consider it!

95talonracer
04-30-2008, 10:03 PM
http://www.mcminnesota.com/

blageo23
04-30-2008, 10:15 PM
I hate you Karry! I will consider the NAPA deal. I have passed all my auto ASEs but wouldnt you need the parts ASEs to get that starting wage? Only problem is that I had a friend who worked there and he hated it!

DSM_421
04-30-2008, 11:07 PM
This is a privately owned Napa, it really is a laid back atmosphere. Plus my old roomie manages during the nights and he doesn't make you do anything for the most part.

Only time you really have to do anything is when Paul is around, which isn't much.

mike55112
05-01-2008, 02:20 AM
you should check into the mcdonalds job, you already have expirence being a cook!!! JK