PDA

View Full Version : So about this cruise... What else do u need to do?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

turbotalon1g
04-07-2008, 07:47 PM
This cruise is looking iffy for me, here is where i am right now.

gOAL IS in tonight, wait for turbo to get back, tune thursday night and friday night.

Still need to find a NT throttle body, and talk to PTE about the oil feed line, i don't know if maybe the oil pressure was too low at idle in that motor to feed the turbo from the head.

HiImBrian
04-07-2008, 07:55 PM
wow brown you got a lot of work ahead of ya. I'd lend you a hand if I were home, but unfortunately I'm stuck in fargo.

All I've gotta do, is change my oil and adjust my clutch and give her a wash.

craig
04-07-2008, 07:59 PM
looks like about 12 hrs of work.

Kevin 1G Drummer
04-07-2008, 08:12 PM
I need to change my oil, check tire pressure, check coolant level, add windshield washer fluid, wash and vaccuum my car, and I'm good to go. Unless I decide to take my bike, in which case I need to top off the gas tank, and check tire pressure.

munchgsx
04-07-2008, 08:24 PM
I need to put gas in the pontiac and charge the video cam battery. I'm only a movie guy on this cruise. Ghey

Shane@DBPerformance
04-07-2008, 08:27 PM
Mitsu housing turbos from PTE come with instructions showing where to run the oil feed line from on the oil filter housing. Garrett turbos need more oil than OEM Mitsubishi turbos and PTE has said the oil feed off the head isn't enough oil/pressure. Once you put the feed down at the oil filter on a balance shaft less motor, then the oil seals blow. :)

HiImBrian
04-07-2008, 08:28 PM
^well I was gunna bring my cameras but I cant drive and video tape. I've got a few pending shotguns lol

munchgsx
04-07-2008, 08:38 PM
Mitsu housing turbos from PTE come with instructions showing where to run the oil feed line from on the oil filter housing. Garrett turbos need more oil than OEM Mitsubishi turbos and PTE has said the oil feed off the head isn't enough oil/pressure. Once you put the feed down at the oil filter on a balance shaft less motor, then the oil seals blow. :)

That's horrible news, whats the solution? Restrictor or mabye inline filter?

Shane@DBPerformance
04-07-2008, 08:53 PM
http://store.forcedperformance.net/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=FP&Product_Code=FP4ANFilter&Category_Code=DSM-TurboHW

Onefast99gsx
04-07-2008, 09:29 PM
I have a PTE 50 trim and have this very setup that I got from SlowBoy

http://www.slowboyracing.com/estore/product.php?productid=99&cat=1290&page=1

I don't running any filter or restrictor. However I still have the balance shafts in.