PDA

View Full Version : Got my first ticket

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

X Factor
04-02-2008, 07:47 AM
I literally feel like such a piece of shit right now I want to sell my car and start taking the bus. I'm honestly considering moving to uptown and doing that, except i've put so many fucking miles on it i'll probably take a loss.

Window tint is more expensive then speeding in a work zone apparently. (a work zone that ISN'T actually a fucking work zone an hasn't been worked on for months and that I literally could have walked and touched the fucking END WORK ZONE sign and came back in the time it took the officer to get to my car)

Fuck life... I really didn't need this right now.

I might still go on the cruise but i'm literally going to be putting it on the charge card cause I'm gonna be flat broke after this.

Just venting... sorry.

polishmafia
04-02-2008, 08:05 AM
"fuck life" because you got a window tint violation? geez ok. ive gotten one. i was pissed, but it was my own damn fault for knowingly having 35% put on. *shrug*

X Factor
04-02-2008, 08:10 AM
No, because the cop doubled my fine because I was literally 50 feet until the end of a work zone, and I was just keeping up with traffic.

Also, don't be a trollfag when people are being emo, it's jerk-ish. ;)

polishmafia
04-02-2008, 08:14 AM
then dont be emo :)

Kracka
04-02-2008, 08:24 AM
Just go to court and contest the tickets. I bet you'll be able to get the tint ticket thrown out and the speeding ticket reduced to regular rather than workzone. Cops are dickheads, but the prosecutors in court know this and are reasonable people. Here is what a prosecutor told me last Friday when I was in fighting a speeding ticket, "I am sick of these piddly tickets being handed out by Minnetonka cops wasting my time." He cut my fine in half w/o me even having to ask and I have a full driving record :)

white_4gGT
04-02-2008, 08:35 AM
Sorry to hear that. That's why I've been thinking the tint over and over again - 50% front windows and 35% rear and back.

I've been stopped a few times driving the eclipse and the cops have been very nice. No tickets but warnings. A couple for speeding and another seems like just for the heck of it - they asked how fast I've driven the car and just wanted to check it out.

I hear ya about losing money with the mileage if you want to get rid of the car. I've already put on 15K on mine within 5-6 months and that's with me slowing down on the driving around. ack!

Hope it ends well.

ghost
04-02-2008, 08:47 AM
true, your better off talking to a hearing officer or a prosecutor.

i got a ticket for speeding, no seat belt, didnt change to my current address within 30 days (on my driver license), and no proof of insurance.

I was driving my turbo mr2 coming from my friends house and going home. it was about 9am. how could i speed when theres a mini van about 3 cars in front of me? that cop just wanted to get me because i was in a better looking car then his. when he stop me he also ask "where am i going" i reply "home" thats when my address on my license didnt match up, so he tricked me into answering that question! long story short.... i went to talk to a hearing officer and he knock out everthing except for the speeding, which only cost me about $80, $90, or even less. i forgot.

A//// Guy
04-02-2008, 08:50 AM
lol Take it easy there. You knew the risk of putting tint on, so dont cry cry.

X Factor
04-02-2008, 09:01 AM
It's not at all the tint i'm pissed about, it's the ghost "work zone" I was pulled over in, because it doubles the fines. Didn't I already say that? lol

Anyway, how much are EVOs going for (used 8/9 with 30k-ish)? I just KBB'd my car and am considering getting something else.

AwdGSX13
04-02-2008, 09:11 AM
i just picked my evo VIII up for around 20.. it has 24xxx miles and its a 2005. Although it came with 20% tint since its from vegas :( hopefully i dont get messed with.