PDA

View Full Version : Plx Wideband Kit And Gm Map Sensor Hook Up

Pages : [1] 2

Alpine TSi
02-27-2004, 10:29 PM
So I got some new toys while waiting for my stuff to get done and had a few questions about hooking it up.

First I bought the PLX Wideband kit from Mach V and it just came in today. I know how to get it all hooked up except for the narrowband output wire. Where in the heck do I hook that up to? I can't think of anywhere to put it. Also would there be a way to use the wideband output on that to log on my datalogger too? It says that it is there for that reason but I am also stumped on that.

Secondly I got my hands on a 3 bar MAP sensor so I could hook it up and log boost on my datalogger. Now I know someone said it could be done on a 1G with the TMO laptop based software, but I can't remember who it was. I also don't remember how to do it. If someone could REALLY dumb it down for me(including setting it up on the logger to where to get the boost reading from) that would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I sooo can't wait to get this car back together, this weather is killing me without my car...

CVD
02-27-2004, 11:23 PM
I cant help you at all, but be sure to post up what you find out about hooking up that narrowband wire. This'll probably be my next mod. :D

Chris

FORSFED
02-28-2004, 03:06 AM
Wouldn't you cut the o2 input wire to the ecu and hook the narrowband signal from the WB unit directly to the ecu... Since you remove the factory o2 sensor, there wouldn't be a signal to the ecu without now getting it from the PLX.

JET
02-28-2004, 04:03 AM
Yep, he is right. The narrowband goes to the ECU.

Alpine TSi
02-28-2004, 11:25 PM
Am I looking for the wire in location 4 in this diagram?

Looky (http://www.vfaq.com/mods/ecu-harness-1G.html)

FORSFED
02-28-2004, 11:58 PM
Yep

1ViciousGSX
02-29-2004, 07:39 AM
I don't think the ecu will work well under normal driving conditions with the narrow band signal. It looks for the O2 sensor to cycle more.

Alpine TSi
02-29-2004, 10:04 AM
I don't think the ecu will work well under normal driving conditions with the narrow band signal. It looks for the O2 sensor to cycle more.

Please elaborate... I wanted this setup so I didn't have to run two O2 sensors. If you have any other knowledge that would be appreciated.

Thanks

Shane@DBPerformance
02-29-2004, 12:24 PM
Running 2 O2 sensors isn't too bad. If I had a wideband, I would probably run it seperate so that I could remove it for normal driving and try to make the sensor last a bit longer.

1ViciousGSX
02-29-2004, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Alpine TSi@Feb 29 2004, 10:04 AM

Please elaborate... I wanted this setup so I didn't have to run two O2 sensors. If you have any other knowledge that would be appreciated.

Thanks
The factory ecu looks for the O2 sensor to cycle up and down through normal operation (.00-1.0mv). The ecu takes the amout of sweep the O2 sensor shows and and uses the average to set up the fuel tables to get the correct a/f ratios. The ecu will start throwing trouble codes for a dead O2 sensor if it doesn't see the changing values.