PDA

View Full Version : Alarm Installation

dylan
10-23-2003, 03:07 PM
I have a manual 91 GSX. I am going to be getting an alarm from BestBuy (employee discount :)) I was wondering what I would need to do to install a remote start for an automatic car in to a car with a manual transmission. I realize that BestBuy can install the system for me but cannot make it so the remote start works because I could sue the hell out of them if something were to happen. I have never left my car in gear and don't plan on doing it in the near future. I can see how some are skeptical because sometimes people accidently bump it in to gear when they hop out. My turbotimer is running when I get out so if I bump it at all I will know for sure :headache:.

I am looking for any links or advice on what to do with this.

Thanks,
Dylan

niterydr
10-23-2003, 03:13 PM
all you have to do is disconect the neutral safety switch, it plugs in down by the clutch pedal, that way you don't have to press in the clutch to start the car, and can install a remote start.

Alpine TSi
10-23-2003, 09:36 PM
If you are interested I am more than capable of putting one in. I work at Circuit City and have been doing this kind of think for at least 2 years. And I won't feel be bad if your car runs over some old lady because you remote started it while it was in gear... ;)

Let me know,
Matt

Iceman
10-24-2003, 02:42 AM
What circut city do you work at? I need a the same thing done but i also need it to work with my TT... Right now i have no security system cause the previous owner F'ed it up do you think you could handel it and how much would install be?

john
10-24-2003, 09:06 AM
Bloomington Circut City (I think that is what he told me).

Alpine TSi
10-24-2003, 10:01 AM
Bloomington is correct. As for fixing a previously erroneous install I would have to look at before I can say how much. But I can still give it a shot. And keep in mind all of this would be done outside of the shop I work at.... Damn conflict of interest. Like I said, let me know what you would like to do. PM me for a phone number if you would like to set a time.

Matt