PDA

View Full Version : Driving DSM in winter?

Andrew7dg
12-05-2007, 05:29 PM
I spent the summer making my car look nice in the engine bay and I rebuilt my motor. I want to park it and keep it clean however it has been way too fun to drive right now.

SO...

I saw a DSM in the parking lot today and it had white mud flaps on the car. I am also thinking of the rally races that I remember that they have bigger mud flaps. Does anyone here have them on their car? Do they work pretty well? I just don't like kicking my car every time there is snow buildup in the fenders. Should I buy them or make them? Are there any other tricks to "winter prep" my car for driving in the snow?
Anyway of keeping the engine bay clean while I drive it around?

Goat Blower
12-05-2007, 06:09 PM
Wax it good. Your engine bay will get dirty no matter what, but it's easy to clean.

Kracka
12-05-2007, 10:50 PM
Wax and frequent washes are your friend :)

JET
12-06-2007, 12:36 AM
Unless you park it inside the engine bay will be trashed anyway. Mine was all pretty this year, then parked over winter it turned to ass.

sleepydsm
12-06-2007, 08:43 PM
Ive noticed when I store mine... the engine bay somehow gets all nasty. From dust build up? wtf?

Andrew7dg
12-07-2007, 10:02 AM
So basically there is no way of keeping the engine bay clean then...

The engine bay so far doesn't look to bad but I am guessing it is only a matter of time. By then I will pull the engine out again when I swap motors and clean it out again.

I am getting annoyed when works slower then it should. Windows roll up slower, dash lights come on every once in a while. Rattles that weren't there before

Kracka
12-07-2007, 10:21 AM
My engine has always stayed clean when I store a car inside. I always surround my car with moth balls and rat poison.

Kevin 1G Drummer
12-07-2007, 05:37 PM
AWD does you no good siting in a garage through the winter.

TkrPerformance
12-08-2007, 09:35 AM
just drive it at least you can get parts if something happens. Shit I drive the evo III every day and there is no going to get parts for it around the us