PDA

View Full Version : *Warning* Ranting

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Shane55113
11-21-2007, 08:57 AM
Let me start off by stating that i am a dumb ass! While i was in school out in Wyoming (wyotech) i bought some cams for my car and installed them, bent some valves and learned my lesson to triple check the timing. Fine great a $450 repair plus down time.

Well longer story shorter i finally got the car running amazing last night (fresh head) at work and i was taking it out for a test drive, as i shifted from 2nd to 3rd guess what happened! I either broke the fork or the rail because now the transmission is stuck in 3rd gear. I limped it back the the shop and discovered that the linkage was loose so i tightened it and then i confirmed that it was stuck in 3rd because the gear selector will not move.

SOOO now i have to install a different tranny, luckily i have a spare but my only problem with doing that is that it is in unknown condition. I want to send it out to Jackstransmissions.com but i will have to wait a couple weeks to save enough money. But i might just pull the trigger and install it because this is my only vehicle. I've been depending on others for rides to work and it sucks allot!!!.

Why does this crap happen right after a big fix! i mean i would have been happy if i could of at least gotten home and back to work in my car and then have it break.

I Hate DSM's but i love them :signs066:

Kracka
11-21-2007, 09:02 AM
Its the DSM way :)

A//// Guy
11-21-2007, 09:15 AM
Ahh I love having a car I can just turn the key and drive with no worries. :)

Sorry haha

scheides
11-21-2007, 09:32 AM
Maybe you should have been taking it easy on your new head and concentrating on accellerating rather than power shifting :D

One thing I've always done, when something major has broke: take it easy for the first few miles as far as beating on the car goes, then go back and make sure everything is nice and snug before you go beating on it. You graduated from Wyotech? Just yank the tranny, rebuild it, and slap it back in, you should be a pro now! If not, you will need to be to make it in this market!

Now quit whining and go fix it!

JET
11-21-2007, 09:55 AM
Yep, sounds like a broken shift fork. It isn't a big deal to put a new fork in, it is like $40 from mitsu.

iceminion
11-21-2007, 10:26 AM
You dont need to send the transmission in, like JET said, just replace the fork, yes it involves tearing the transmission down, but its not that bad, even I can do it!

Swifty1638
11-21-2007, 10:27 AM
Maybe you should have been taking it easy on your new head and concentrating on accellerating rather than power shifting :D

One thing I've always done, when something major has broke: take it easy for the first few miles as far as beating on the car goes, then go back and make sure everything is nice and snug before you go beating on it. You graduated from Wyotech? Just yank the tranny, rebuild it, and slap it back in, you should be a pro now! If not, you will need to be to make it in this market!

Now quit whining and go fix it!

This coming from teh guy who blew off an IC pipe jsut after chris and myself did a clutch job on his evo!

Sorry to hear that shane. I have had bad luck too, but it will get better.

-A. Swift

Kracka
11-21-2007, 10:31 AM
This coming from teh guy who blew off an IC pipe jsut after chris and myself did a clutch job on his evo!

How'd that clutch job go? ;)

turbotalon1g
11-21-2007, 11:47 AM
Ahh I love having a car I can just turn the key and drive with no worries. :)

Sorry haha

If you don't mod it, why would it break?
I am sick of people blaming DSMs, its not the cars its the owners.
Shane sorry to hear about your bad luck but its a price we pay trying to learn this stuff first hand and saving a few bucks.

1ViciousGSX
11-21-2007, 12:28 PM
That's nothing. I've had worse happen.