PDA

View Full Version : big brakes~

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Swifty1638
11-16-2007, 01:52 PM
Anyone have some Baers or brembos, or something around? I'm looking for beter stopping power in my car. I've had fading issues this last year, and I'd like to fix them. Keep in mind, they must fit behind my Kosei K1s. 16 x 8. Other then that, any company works. I'm not picky.

-A. Swift

JET
11-16-2007, 02:05 PM
Do you have the big brakes on the car? If so you should be fine with a good fluid (a must!) and some good pads with decent rotors. Powerslot rotors with Porterfield pads are popular with the AutoX guys, Ford blue dot fluid is good and cheap.

Swifty1638
11-16-2007, 02:20 PM
I've got dot 4 fluid in it right now, and some crossdrilled/slotted rotors. Stock 1 piston calipers though..and i want to stop stop..not take 200 ft to stop, ya know? comming down from 145ish is not fun when you apporach others..

-A. Swift

A//// Guy
11-16-2007, 02:22 PM
Yea with all those lambos your racing, youre going to need atleast 2 piston calipers.....

I would just look into that.

Dizmm
11-16-2007, 02:30 PM
Auto-x stuff you will do just fine with the AWD 2-piston brakes which will bolt right up for ya and a good set of pads. I love my Hawk HP+ pads for street/track use.

If you are planning on doing some Lapping Day's or time attacks on some big tracks, I would recommend going with a TCE Big brake setup.

http://www.tceperformanceproducts.com/cgi-bin/brakes/cginews.pl?record=14

polishmafia
11-16-2007, 02:31 PM
LOL!

swifty, make the car actually run right first. no need for brakes when it doesnt drive! :D

Shane@DBPerformance
11-16-2007, 02:39 PM
A good set of pads can do wonders.

Swifty1638
11-16-2007, 02:43 PM
Yea, pete, it runs, and revs all the way. took a while to figure it out, but it works fine now, so thanks. I'm just holding off on tuning till the rest of the shit is on the car, and the tranny is swapped (mine works, as I still drive the car daily, but I've got a built one to put in).

I'll look into finding some dual piston calipers, and swapping them over.

-A. Swift

Goat Blower
11-16-2007, 02:46 PM
Yeah, the two pistons should be fine since you're not doing repeated stops. I used to use the Metal Master pads and they made a huge difference. I'm sure the Hawks are better these days.

JET
11-16-2007, 02:47 PM
LOL!

swifty, make the car actually run right first. no need for brakes when it doesnt drive! :D

Sweet, another Swifty bashing thread!! He does have a point though :lol:

I still have the 1 piston calipers on my car, but with powerslots, Ford Blue dot fluid and Axis Ultimate pads. It stops pretty decent.

Also, just because you have dot 4 fluid, that isn't saying much. There are HUGE differences in fluid. That is like saying you have race gas in your car, but it is the 100 octane crap from Old Colony and the guy next to you has VP Import in his car. Big difference.