PDA

View Full Version : SLS - mixed feelings

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

SBR_240sx
11-21-2007, 09:42 AM
Let the card company handle it. That is the best way to handle it.

Halon
11-21-2007, 03:51 PM
I want to see if their refund goes through before doing anything with my bank. It was bought with a Wells Fargo VISA Check Card. And over 4 months ago. Do you think it's too late by now?

PS, still no email from Matt, and still no money in the bank. I will be giving it until Monday, and then I will begin pursuing other options.

Kracka
11-21-2007, 03:58 PM
I want to see if their refund goes through before doing anything with my bank. It was bought with a Wells Fargo VISA Check Card. And over 4 months ago. Do you think it's too late by now?

Could be, its much harder to get a charge canceled if its not a real credit card.

asshanson
11-21-2007, 03:58 PM
Mostly out of luck with the check cards. Real credit cards are the way to go with bigger purchases, more buyer protection.

AJ
11-21-2007, 04:43 PM
I'm pretty sure Wells Fargo has the same or similar buyer protection a standard card would have. Check and see, and if they do you have at least 6 months, usually a year. Once the set time frame is up they won't help. Whiel withing the time frame the company is forced to prove their side before they get their money back, and even getting it back can be a PITA for them. Sometimes that company is out another 3-12 months till they get the money back even when they have proven it's owed to them. YOu really tie the funds up when you do a charge back. Sadly I'm pretty familiar with the whoel process. Brandon, call the bank. Even if it's not on the account yet it will have hit their system and they will know if it's going to come through or not. Or they should. If it's not tell them you want to start the charge back process if you have the option.

AJ
11-21-2007, 04:46 PM
https://financial.wellsfargo.com/wffsite/cyota/en/step1.jsp might help find out what your card has for features.

Halon
11-21-2007, 05:24 PM
On the phone with Wells Fargo Fraud Department right now. I've basically read her the story right off my original post. She said I've definately done my part to correct this. She got ahold of one person at SLS, but not sure who exactly. The person said they simply do not know about my case, and that everyone else is out of the office. I will have a temporary credit given back to me from Wells Fargo, by midnight tonight. SLS has 45 days to respond with some sort of proof that they have already sent me the part, which obviouslly they won't have, because they haven't sent me a thing.

Now, hopefully THIS is the end of it.

Kracka
11-22-2007, 07:44 AM
I hope this thread serves as a reminder to all 'Style members not to ever purchase anything from SLS, just like the SBR thread did for SBR.

I have another friend that was ripped off by SLS when he purchased a car from them...but thats not my story to tell.

TheBlizzard
11-22-2007, 12:19 PM
Yeah no shit; there are plenty of local shops that supply the same parts. And if push came to shove I am sure they would price match or close just to keep the buisness local. And if it was a custom part you want; if the local shops can't make it they could outsource it and probably get it quicker than you could anyway.

Halon
11-22-2007, 12:38 PM
SLS, to me, is still local. They are 3 hours away, and just barely on the other side of the MN border. Maybe it's because I have lived other places where the closest Best Buy was 3 hours away, but to me, 3 hours for a place who makes beautiful manifolds, on a regular basis, for this specific car, is not that far away.

Now, as for the shops in the metro area, none of them advertise their own well built equal length DSM manifold, with a lifetime warantee. MAP advertises ones built by other shops, but for significantly more money then the pricing Nick at SLS gave me. Could our local metro shops make one? Sure they could. But it'd be more of a one off job, which in the end would probably cost me more money. While SLS makes these same ones regularly, has been making them for quite some time now, and sells them all over the country. It's not a one off item from them. They gave me a good price, and a lifetime warantee. I have full confidence in this manifold, and I think it will work very well. I would not have that same confidence if I had a manifold that was built by an outsourced shop, who probably has no knowledge of this specific car, and whom I've never heard of.

So, this is why I titled it "Mixed Feelings". I am extremely happy with my manifold purchase. I think I made a good choice there. But then I decided that since I was getting the manifold from them, that I might as well just get the wastegate at the same time. And that part of this order, well, it has been the 2nd worst transaction I've ever done with a DSM vendor (Taboo being the worst).