PDA

View Full Version : HVAC blower not operating

Kougar
11-05-2007, 11:37 PM
1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD.

Troubleshooting cars sure is difficult when you don't have a freakin' manual. First and foremost, anyone know where I can get a copy of a 1g service manual?

On to the problem...

HVAC fan motor doesn't work. All settings equal the same thing; nothing. I checked the fuses underneath the dash (not even sure if HVAC is down there, the cover was missing) and they were all good. Is the relay for HVAC by the firewall on driver side? I didn't have a spare to test it, but I don't think it clicks when any of the settings are changed, power turned on, etc. I'm guessing this is an easy problem since the other dials work, my blower fan just doesn't turn on. What should I be looking at/specific wires to test?

JET
11-06-2007, 12:08 AM
Are any of the other relays there the same? You should be able to swap it with another one.

Kougar
11-06-2007, 02:07 AM
Are any of the other relays there the same? You should be able to swap it with another one.

First thing I looked at actually. Nothing the same in the same 'fuse' box that it's in, and I couldn't really find a double of it anywhere else. A rather large relay, I belive it was 5 prong. I had a bunch of spare relays from my starion but they're a totally different design unfortuntely :(

TkrPerformance
11-06-2007, 09:17 AM
test the blower fan it self and the plug going to it to see if the plug had power and hook up a 12v to the fan to make sure it works

Kevin 1G Drummer
11-06-2007, 05:53 PM
I've got the same problem on my '92. I've got power coming in, and going out of the relay, and I can hear it click when I turn it to full. But somewhere between the relay, and the blower motor I lose it cuz there's no power at the plug going into the blower motor.
Is there anything else that runs on that circut? (I don't have a manual) If not, there shouldn't be a problem with just cutting the wires coming out of the relay and bringing them straight to the blower motor plug, theoretically. The only problem I see with that, is it would be either on full, or nothing, which is fine with me.