PDA

View Full Version : AGX's, but what springs?

Pages : [1] 2

turbotalon1g
11-02-2007, 10:45 AM
I have both pro-kits and sportlines, sportlines (the lower ones) are in the car presently.

The ride is a little on the stiff side for me, i was wondering if i would lose any performance by switching to the not so low pro-kits.

Aaron

Kracka
11-02-2007, 10:47 AM
Pro-Kits are generally a better quality spring with more R&D into them so your handling may actually improve.

Goat Blower
11-02-2007, 11:26 AM
Actually, the R&D is the same, they're from the same manufacturer. :-) The pro-kits are better for handling because they don't alter the factory suspension geometry as much. The Sportlines look better though. I have them in my car after first having the pro-kits, the ride is fine for me.

At-Least-It's-An-Evo
11-02-2007, 11:56 AM
The ride difference isn't really noticable. The prokits are gonna make that thing a monster truck.

Shane@DBPerformance
11-02-2007, 12:22 PM
Mara's has the Pro-Kit and AGXs on her 1G Talon. It rides quite high, but slammed cars are lame anyways. The ride quality is severly affected by the outside temperature though.

turbotalon1g
11-02-2007, 12:45 PM
^thanks guys, i am gonna try the pro-kits out and see how i like them.
Thank you for your time, even you cher "i don't have a car worth a damn" p. lee. lol

Kracka
11-02-2007, 12:53 PM
Actually, the R&D is the same, they're from the same manufacturer. :-) The pro-kits are better for handling because they don't alter the factory suspension geometry as much. The Sportlines look better though. I have them in my car after first having the pro-kits, the ride is fine for me.

Jim at TireRack told me that Eibach puts more time into making the Pro-Kits a good handling and riding spring whereas the Sportlines are mainly just meant to be low and look good. The Pro-Kits are also progressive and the Sportlines are linear.

At-Least-It's-An-Evo
11-02-2007, 01:09 PM
^thanks guys, i am gonna try the pro-kits out and see how i like them.
Thank you for your time, even you cher "i don't have a car worth a damn" p. lee. lol

It is worth more than Panda Xpress. ;-)

xveganxcowboyx
11-02-2007, 01:32 PM
I've got the pro-kit AGX combo. It does sit high, but I've always heard it's a better handling setup and that is key. On the soft settings it's a pretty comfortable ride.

Goat Blower
11-02-2007, 03:07 PM
I tried out my Sportlines a few years ago when I took the ramp from 610 East to 252 at about 125mph. I'd say they handle pretty good.

If you just want the slammed look, get some Intrax purples. Those put you in the weeds and ride like absolute crap.